NAPA Flaring Tool #161A

Share your experiences here with those favorite tools or tips that work well.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

dynaguy
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

NAPA Flaring Tool #161A

Post by dynaguy »

I'm in the process of building brake lines for my sr20 car. Having never attempted this process, I scoured cyberspace for helpful advise. It seems that achieving the proper flare was quite an art. I came across a flaring tool at my friendly NAPA store that works pretty slick. It tightly holds the brake line while forming the two parts of the flare. Also it aligns the flaring parts square with the tubing. Both were problems that others had using the old style hand operated tools. I've done a few flares and am quite impressed with the end result. It will be awhile before I can test under pressure, but I'm pretty confident with my connections. Cost was about $30, I think it was on special when I bought it though.

FWIW

Pat Mahoney
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mraitch
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: NAPA Flaring Tool #161A

Post by mraitch »

useful tool to have - thanks
Peter Harrison
1970 1600 (Stroker) - TOAD SAN (Eliza)
1970 1600 (Stock) - As Yet Unnamed
Lake Balboa (SFV) , California
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: NAPA Flaring Tool #161A

Post by notoptoy »

There is a really nice Eastwood video on this, it's long, but has great info and shows some other tools as well.
I got a "better" (for them) set from harbor freight that works nicely as well.
Video:
http://www.eastwood.com/brakelines-live ... t=1EM1382A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG