car too high?

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

nomadtrash
Roadster Fanatic

Post by nomadtrash »

Carrera is a brand. They were recently bought out by QA1 company. I don't know if the Carrera brand will still be marketed or if all the shocks will be labeled QA1.
Andy Cost
Roadster-less

Bolt on modification? I did use some bolts!
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Post by ppeters914 »

Ahhhhhh, I see part of my problem was that I did not realize that KYB Gas-Adjust and GR2's are different shocks. Am I correct in understanding that the GR2's are fine for street use and have a lower pressure and/or damping rate than the Gas-Adjust's?

The Carrera's are twice the price of the GR2's. What do I get for double my money beside pretty chrome?
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Victor_laury

Post by Victor_laury »

ppeters914 wrote:Ahhhhhh, I see part of my problem was that I did not realize that KYB Gas-Adjust and GR2's are different shocks. Am I correct in understanding that the GR2's are fine for street use and have a lower pressure and/or damping rate than the Gas-Adjust's? The Carrera's are twice the price of the GR2's. What do I get for double my money beside pretty chrome?
Street use, stock spring, comfy (?) ride - GR2
Street/trackday, stock springs - Gas-A-Just
Street/trackday, Sport springs - Anything but Gas-A-Just (Bounce effect)

Twice the price for extreemly stiff shocks <basically race shocks
toolsnob

Gr-2's

Post by toolsnob »

You can order a complete set of GR-2's to your door for $86.50 through summit and gas adjusts for $130.00

They arrive ground usually 2 day. I have found the gr-2's nice for the street and probably the best rate for the roadster. I currently have gas adjusts but they seem overly stiff and over compensating my springs which are comps all the way around,,going to switch to Gr-2's and let the springs do the work instead of the shock.

Alexi
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

I like my KONIs. They are really nice, VERY controled with the comp springs that I am running.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

Last I heard, Koni's were unavailable. Has that changed?
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
DatsunBucky
Roadsteraholic

Post by DatsunBucky »

spl310 wrote:Last I heard, Koni's were unavailable. Has that changed?
Ditto.
Bucky
kentq

Post by kentq »

I could not find the rear Gas-A-Justs on the Summit sight. Are they available again? Has anyone run a combination of the Gas-A-Justs in the front and the GR-2s in the rear or would this be a bad idea?
Thanks!
Kent