Cost of professional soft top installation?

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Cost of professional soft top installation?

Post by ppeters914 »

from the Solvang 2005 thread:
Scott, I just had a new top installed. It took a professional upholsterer many hrs to do the work. It came out terrific. In articles I have read, people that sell the tops highly recommend a pro to do the work, unless you have some expertise. If you try to do it yourself and it comes out crappy, you'll probably conclude that the pro was well worth the $.

Good luck, Howard
Howard, my soft top looks like crap. :( Cannot snap all the snaps and it's not tight between the frame braces. I didn't realize how bad it really was until AlvinG posted a pic of his car w/ the soft top on.

My short term solution is to install a hard top, which will work better for me during the Pacific Northwest Rain Festival (Jan 31- Dec 31). :P

I am curious where you live and how much you paid to have a pro do it. If anyone else has had the soft top professionally installed, I'd be curious as to costs.

Thanks.
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

I paid $300.00 for the installation. It sounds alot, but I believe the results were well worth it. This will probably be the only top I'll ever have to get, so it might as well fit right. I have a hard top from my '69 that I never plan on using. It's white and in pretty good shape. There is some discoloration, but structurally sound, and has the clasps. If you're in the Los Angeles area, I'd like to sell it.
Scott Smith
Roadster Newby

soft top installation

Post by Scott Smith »

I was quoted roughly the same amount in Portland.