MSD iginiton wires

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Howard R
Roadsteraholic

MSD iginiton wires

Post by Howard R »

Does anyone have experience, good or bad with MSD 8.5 super conducter ignition wires?
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

They cost lots, are easy to cut to size, get a set for a V8 and you can make 4 sets, they come with 2 different types of ends, make one set with one type, the other with the other set. There is enough material to make a second set of wires with the extra that you cut off.
I'm running a set, that with a MSD blaster 2 coil makes a set of points last less than 1000 miles. They look good however.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

Will, thanks for the info. A question...I'm going to keep the existing coil,will the msd wires affect my points? And how often should I replace the points and plugs? Thanks, Howard
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

I'd replace the points when they look bad, the plugs once a year wouldn't hurt, every 2 years if you don't drive the car much. My last set of points died in 1000 miles.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Howard R
Roadsteraholic

Post by Howard R »

Will, I installed the new wires yesterday, the red wires look very cool with my itg aircleaner. I took your advice and bought the 8 cylinder universal kit. I have the makings of a new set, minus the coil boot. Probably a $2.00 part at Pep Boys. Maybe I can sell them at Solvang.