2017 SoCal TT, Oct 7_8

Current Scheduled Events Will Be Listed Here

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

FergO2k
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

2017 SoCal TT, Oct 7_8

Post by FergO2k »

From the head-dis-organizer. (not myself)
I have the Word.doc version of the attachment in case anyone just wants to fill it out and handle the reg electronically.

Howdy All,
The So Cal TT is on for October 7 and 8, 2017, Saturday and Sunday.
The 'new' destination is Yucca Valley, hearkening back to the first years of the TT. I am very much looking forward to the massive altitude and environment changes this route has to offer, and maybe the hot tub at the Yucca Inn will be working, who knows...
Attached please find the application. Get it back to me asap.
You may feel free to share the app with like minded individuals...
The So Cal TT is a two day road rally on public roads that focuses on vintage cars. Entry priority will be given to 1975 model three and four wheeled vehicles, like models from a later year, or special projects and/or stuff you never see on the road. The event is very much about the people, so if your car is not working, but you are functional, think about participating. There is often an empty seat in a car that can be filled, or an empty spot on the road for your classic to be...
The route is between 500 and 600 miles, and involves a variety of terrain, elevation changes, and technical challenges. The goal is to find roads twisty and unused enough to have fun and challenge yourself at legal speeds, more or less. There are a few high speed roads on the route, but the majority is canyon type twisty, with the potential for rough roads on occasion. So maybe wait to drop your car til November...
The entry fee includes: Hotel for Saturday night; tee shirt/patch/stickers; route sheets; awards dinner on Sunday.
The awards dinner is kind of like the exclamation point on the event, please plan to end your Sunday there. We usually wrap up by 10 pm.
The rally departs from Echo Park, Los Angeles, and winds up in Boyle Heights, Los Angeles. The route will be made available to participants in advance as time allows.
Thank you
Tad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fergus O
69 2L, SUs (driver, not susceptible to polish)
02 Tacoma 4 door (sold at 300k miles!)
2017 Honda Ridgeline (2021 purchase)
Los Alamitos, CA
2mAn
Roadsteraholic

Re: 2017 SoCal TT, Oct 7_8

Post by 2mAn »

Oh man, this looks like so much fun! Sadly, Im heading out of town that weekend for my wifes birthday... bummer
Simon
Current Cars:
-1999 Porsche 911 4/98-build, 3.8L M96