New Reproduction Tie Rods & Drag Link

A spot for any one considering making or selling reproduction parts-please put parts for sale in the vendors ad section

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

New Reproduction Tie Rods & Drag Link

Post by Datsunparts.comInc »

www.datsunparts.com/2787

www.datsunparts.com/2788

www.datsunparts.com/2789

www.datsunparts.com/2790

Responsibly sourced steering parts. We care about your safety! Anyone looking for information in regards to our parts design and construction are free to call us and we will provide them with this information. The reason we have this information at our finger tips is that here, at Datsunparts.com, we actually have drawings of the parts we sell that were signed off and approved by 4 separate US educated engineers. A careful dimensional examination was made of new Nissan original parts. Documentation was made of heat treating, forging strength, design and etc. Samples were then made and a 34 point review was performed examining the print to the samples. Stress tests were performed and documented by Rare Parts and then parts were checked installed on a vehicle. Over $70,000 was invested to make a safe part for you. A lot of energy and work went into producing these parts. We did not take liberties in making shaft diameters smaller to save forging costs. These parts match the Nissan originals. Because of the improvement in manufacturing processes, machine work etc., these parts actually look better than the Nissan originals and will perform better as well. So I’m sleeping quite well knowing that everything possible was done to replicate a needed group of parts at an affordable price.
New Shopping cart web-site. More parts on display in our showroom than most vendors carry in their entire inventory! 2900 active parts numbers in our catalog. 2020 Inventory piece count- 96,155 parts on hand! "Shop A Movie" at our web-site
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: New Reproduction Tie Rods & Drag Link

Post by notoptoy »

Nice Dean! Very reasonable pricing for top quality parts.
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
fj20spl311
Roadsteraholic

Post by fj20spl311 »

notoptoy wrote:Nice Dean! Very reasonable pricing for top quality parts.
+1
Phil
67.5 SRL311-00148 Blue (FJ cruiser VOODOO Blue)
67.5 SPL311 FJ20E teal SDS EFI
69 SRL311 SOLD
19 Raptor SCAB
Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by Gregs672000 »

I'm fairly ignorant about how to properly check suspension parts. I know the passenger wheel bearing has some play (I have the parts, may address over the winter), probably some play in the idler box (swapped out the steering box for a tighter one recently), but have no idea if the newly listed parts are worn on mine or not (they have to have A LOT of miles on them though!)... what should I look for? Prices and quality look quite good, but there is no sense in changing out parts that are just fine. Suggestions? Just do it anyway?
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Tie rod ends are basically like ball joints, any "non-smooth" movement is suspect for replacement. It should be tight and move smoothly, no looseness or play at all - zero.
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by theunz »

Value AND Quality will always be a winning combination. Good job Dean, no excuse now for wobbly front ends! :D
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!
Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

Post by Datsunparts.comInc »

I forgot to mention that I have tried to hold these prices as close to what Nissan was charging before they went out of production.

D
New Shopping cart web-site. More parts on display in our showroom than most vendors carry in their entire inventory! 2900 active parts numbers in our catalog. 2020 Inventory piece count- 96,155 parts on hand! "Shop A Movie" at our web-site
KenSmart
Roadster Fanatic

Post by KenSmart »

Very nice. :)