New Reproduction Program Update

A spot for any one considering making or selling reproduction parts-please put parts for sale in the vendors ad section

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datsunparts.comInc
Roadsteraholic

New Reproduction Program Update

Post by Datsunparts.comInc »

I wanted to post this note concerning new production parts. Take the time to read it or pass by.
A few things have changed here at Datsunparts.com. We have started again to produce many new parts that have been out of production from Nissan and even from our own catalog.
I have always believed that actively making parts is a way of saying I care about the future restoration of our fine cars and have invested huge amounts of money and resources instead of lining my own pockets for a leisurely retirement. I’ve made hundreds upon hundreds of Datsun Roadster parts. Remember, it costs as much to make a Datsun Roadster emblem as it would for a Porsche and obviously a Porsche emblem could be produced and sold in greater quantity and at a higher price. I have always limited my manufacturing desires to the car I fell in love with and still own. No, I never had the satisfaction of owning the beautiful $50,000.00 Datsun Roadster restoration I could show up to the car show with. I’ve spent that money 10 times over making quality parts for your cars instead and I am ok with it. I get to be present in every car that wins at the meet by virtue of the parts I see that were purchased from us and to be part of the restoration that wins. It has been gratifying and rewarding in so many ways.
Our previous approach to producing a part was based on whether or not I would be able to sell all of the production run in my lifetime. Many times, when I was faced with a (MOQ-Minimum order quantity) of 500 pieces, I had to guess how many pieces I would really actually sell in my lifetime. If, on a particular part, it was 200 pieces that I could eventually sell I would have to amortize the cost of the additional 300 pieces into the 200 to arrive at an actual cost. That means being able to accept, at the end of the day, throwing away 300 pieces in the garbage and a higher than normal retail price. If I could not justify making a part though this process I would not move forward and order samples which has been rare. Most of the time, as you may know, I have moved forward while other times I just had to regretfully file the drawings away.
What has changed here is that I am no longer attached to the idea that I, personally, will ever see the inventory of parts I have produced in the past or will produce in the future, that is in our warehouses, ever being sold in my lifetime. This was a hard pill to swallow.
My health is excellent and I hope to be present here helping, developing and fine tuning this business. Since there is already something in place that allows this business to eventually go on without me, it has freed up in me the desire to tackle many projects that I have always wanted to do, but could not justify because of the aforementioned considerations.
As you will see it has allowed me to set price points closer to the last known prices the Nissan parts had before they went out of production. It is our goal to keep the prices affordable to keep customers from towing their cars to the junk yard preserving the existence of these cars here on this planet. Hopefully you will continue to show us your support in this venture as you have in the past.
That being said, let me now point you all to some new, quality, parts that I am pleased to share with you....

Thanks, Dean
New Shopping cart web-site. More parts on display in our showroom than most vendors carry in their entire inventory! 2900 active parts numbers in our catalog. 2020 Inventory piece count- 96,155 parts on hand! "Shop A Movie" at our web-site
fj20spl311
Roadsteraholic

Re: New Reproduction Program Update

Post by fj20spl311 »

Thanks Dean, you have always helped the roadster community.
Phil
67.5 SRL311-00148 Blue (FJ cruiser VOODOO Blue)
67.5 SPL311 FJ20E teal SDS EFI
69 SRL311 SOLD
19 Raptor SCAB
jacksonfdny
Site Supporter

Post by jacksonfdny »

Thanks !! This sounds interesting and am looing forward to seeing your new parts
Jackson F.D.N.Y. 9/11/01
All Gave Some - Some Gave All
67 2000 - 195
67 2000 - 225
harlankatz01
Roadster Nut

Post by harlankatz01 »

Dean,
It may be true that you have never built a $50,000 plus show car Nissan Roadster. You have however built hundreds of Datsun Roadsters for the roadster community all over the world.

Thank you for your continued help in making the necessary parts available to make these classic roadsters beautiful. I know I appreciate it.

Harlan
spyder
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by spyder »

Thanks for all you have done. Your products are top notch!!

AidanDawn2000
Roadsteraholic

Post by AidanDawn2000 »

My car would probably still be in a field if it wasn't for DP.C You guys rock!

What about making velocity stacks that have integrated filter elements?
Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 4.34.19 PM.png
Singer 911s do it pretty well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oil a little low? Time to get a longer dipstick:)
Instagram!!!
1968 2000 SRL311-05110 (first car! Rust Bucket. Sold :( )
1969 2000 SRL311-10440 (matching numbers, Solex!)
jaxjukebox
Roadster Nut

Post by jaxjukebox »

Hi Dean, Thank you for all you have and are doing for the Roadster Community. I see this is from 2016 but was it was refreshed in 2018

I have purchased your parts and more important, you guidance is so valuable to me as well as others. I would like to share my story and will try to be as short as possible Back when I have my first Datsun Roadster that my wife and I received from my father (now Deceased) as our wedding gift. We were running his Foreign Car Salvage yard and he had 3-4 Roadsters at that time . The one we received as our wedding gift ran but needed a complete makeover or to fresh it up. My new bride and I spent a year fixing it up with new carpet, Fixed the body and a brand new paint job. It was 1978 and I loved the silver on the 25th anniversary Corvette. It turned out beautiful with Imron Metal Flake Silver. (cost $ 298.00 cash) I try to find a nice photo and post it. Sad to say, we moved to Chicago to start a family business in 1978 and left in 1982 and I drove the car everyday for 5 year and never failed me. Then in 1982, I drove the car for the next to the last time around the block for the new owner who purchased it for his girlfriend on a Sunday. Turned out he was a VP of a bank and we met the CEO at the bank that Sunday and they cut me a cashiers check. So that brings up today.2016, Mid Life Crisis hits and I am lucky to find a 1970 SPL 311 1600 that runs like new. It need a Fuel pump diaphragm and tires, Original Interior, been repainted and starting to show a few rust pops.

I have driven the car to many a car show and just for fun. Handles like new and is very fast. No Not for sale. in Late 2017 I found a SRL 311 with Solex and it is a project I plan to restore. It had not ran in 11 years and I was able to get it running the day I bought it (Salvage Yard Training paid off!).
Bottom line, I am looking for to putting Deans parts as well as others so I can bring this baby back to life ( I told my wife it would be hers but she will need to re learn a stick shift -(I am not putting an automatic in it) So in closing, (trying to keep it short) I am s very Thankful for Deans efforts over a life time lets all wish him well and will be in touch as soon as I get started on the 2000. Once completed and if I live long enough, I may do the 1600 as well.

God Bless Dean and all those who love the Datsun Roadsters. Thank you for reading, reach out to me for more.

FYI: My 1600 will be on the main parade field along with 7 other vintage Datsuns some with racing heritage at the Amelia Island

Concourse De Elegance - March 10th, 2018 More info: https://www.ameliaconcours.org/

Apologies if I have over posted as I am a new member and still learning