New Solex Air Filter Assembly

A spot for any one considering making or selling reproduction parts-please put parts for sale in the vendors ad section

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

sports imports
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: New Solex Air Filter Assembly

Post by sports imports »

Jim:

if you have one left, please put it aside for me and let me know how you accept payment.

Ross
sports imports
Last edited by sports imports on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garth
Roadster Enthusiast
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by garth »

Very nice design and execution.

For the Solex - U20 engine, this improvement might advance performance and maintenance almost as much as electronic ignition conversion.
Garth
_________
68' 2000
Garm
Roadster Enthusiast

Post by Garm »

Performance wise, this would be comparable to the ITG Filter set up, yes?
1969 Roadster 1600-ish #26244 "Spike"
---------------------------------
OS GIKEN LSD $1720
AASCO light flywheels $398.95
JT68
Talented Enthusiast

Post by JT68 »

Yes, the filter cross section is big enough for a much bigger engine - 3.0-4L depending, so it is PLENTY. As Ross mentioned, a nice U20 will really respond to the thick element since it is similar to running stacks and no air filter (without the downside to that). And what a great sound it is!

One more update, I'll also be offering the 2" filter without the metal perforated shroud for all-out-balls-to-the-wall airflow.

Just as with the original Nissan filter element, the metal surround does create some moderate restriction, but it certainly provides a more original look. For most cars and engine RPM's the shroud is really a non-issue since the new filter is twice as big as the oem piece!

Both style 2" elements will be available for those who already have a filter housing. jt
LT/JT
https://www.datsunrestorationproducts.com/
Only the very BEST parts for your Datsun- 10000's of items in stock
New, Used and Reproduction!
JT68
Talented Enthusiast

Post by JT68 »

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement!

All three of these assemblies are spoken for. Please PM me if you would like to order one or more for the next limited production run of 3-5 units. (To be completed sometime in April). You can pay in full or put a deposit down and pay the balance when they ship.

Vendors are welcome to PM me for special pricing. Thank you! Jim
bmccarthy67
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by bmccarthy67 »

Well, I just wanted to say how nice the set up Jim sent was (and the packaging was bullet proof!)...(my wife said I was a little over the top with my excitement)...as he said in the original ad the photos do not do the item justice. I was lucky enough to get one of the first three. I bought the entire set up, plus an additional "open" K&N filter. The price was GREAT! I have a solex outside plate that was dented and creased and this repo is spot on in looks and function. I love the velocity stacks that came with it as well...of course now I will have to reset the carbs to adjust to the new flow of air. Again, thanks for an Amazing product Jim and for adding another part now available for these great cars!

v/r
Buddy
http://www.mydatsun.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
67.5 SRL311-00321
67.5 SPL 2000 Transplant
66 SCCA Project
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

JT
Congrats on your efforts to reproduce a Roadster part, it looks nicely done!
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
JT68
Talented Enthusiast

Post by JT68 »

Just in time for Solvang and Shasta! Two last new filter assemblies available from our most recent run.

New assembly with extreme flow K&N filter 825 shipped.
New assembly with OEM filter is 900 shipped.

Both include velocity stacks and gaskets.

Nothing else looks this original/good/correct on a Solex U20. Extremely limited availability. Awesome....

jt

" Well, I just wanted to say how nice the set up Jim sent was (and the packaging was bullet proof!)...(my wife said I was a little over the top with my excitement)...as he said in the original ad the photos do not do the item justice. I was lucky enough to get one of the first three. I bought the entire set up, plus an additional "open" K&N filter. The price was GREAT! I have a solex outside plate that was dented and creased and this repo is spot on in looks and function. I love the velocity stacks that came with it as well...of course now I will have to reset the carbs to adjust to the new flow of air. Again, thanks for an Amazing product Jim and for adding another part now available for these great cars!"

Thanks again Buddy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LT/JT
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

I so would want one of these, but have to get other things for my cars first. Do you sell the K&N filters without the aircleaners? I have a few of the stock solex elements, but a permanent unit would be nice.
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
sports imports
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by sports imports »

I have two in stock also. Mine are both with mesh like the original but with thicker air cleaner. I brought one to the DROPS swap meet a couple of weeks back and the response was very good. Jim has done an outstanding job on these.

Ross
sports imports
JT68
Talented Enthusiast

Post by JT68 »

2" unit is sold.

Stock element assembly shown can be purchased with either element. 825/900. Thank you, Jim
LT/JT
4spokewrench
Forum Newb

Post by 4spokewrench »

I am interested in buying your new solex air filter assembly. what is your purchasing procedure

4 spokewrench
JT68
Talented Enthusiast

Post by JT68 »

PM'd.

Doing another limited run now. You can pre-order with either the 2" element or stock. The back plates still have to be plated, so I'd say about 1-month before shipping total. PM if you want me to put you on the list.

If you need one quicker, Ross (Sports Imports) or Mike Young may have one on the shelf unless they are saving them for special cars....

Thanks! Jim
LT/JT
4spokewrench
Forum Newb

Post by 4spokewrench »

Jim

I received the new solex Air Filter assembly you made. I thought it is great. Your eye for detail is amazing.

Thanks
4spokewrench
JT68
Talented Enthusiast

Post by JT68 »

Thank you very much 4spoke!

The design specification was that it had to be good enough for an all original solex show car. Considering the restoration quality done by Ross, Mike Young, Alvin, Spriso, and others, it is a tall order.

Glad you are happy!

Probably 2 more will be available this year. Not sure yet if I'll make any in 2016.

Thanks again!
Jim
LT/JT