Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

mschel
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

3 Main R16 Engine (Apart) Possibly FREE

Post by mschel »

Hi, reposting this engine ad.

I have an R16 of unknown verified history. Supposedly it ran at some point but it was apart when I got it with a large lot of parts.

See pics. According to some reading on the board and pics its an early R16 3 main. I don't know much about these so please check.

I would really like to trade for a decent running R16 (plus or minus cash) or a decent working soft or hard top.

I believe all the parts are there for the motor but need to pull out the rest of the parts to verify. Crank turns fine. Pistons/rods were removed when I got it. Keeping the oil pan, manifold, valve cover, distributor, and carbs for now.

Since I have to post a number will put $150 but really want this to go to someone that wants an early (?) R16

Local sale only (Central MD) unless you want to coordinate with Uship for pickup or similar.

I don't want to part it out but will if absolutely needed. Need to clear space out.

Please pm me if interested. For partout requests, also pm and will let you know if it comes to that eventually. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mschel on Thu May 16, 2024 10:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mschel
Roadster Fanatic

Re: 3 bolt R16 Engine (Apart)

Post by mschel »

More pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mschel
Roadster Fanatic

Re: 3 main R16 Engine (Apart) FREE PARTS!

Post by mschel »

Hi, I am considering keeping some of the parts and giving away the block/crank/pistons to someone that can pick it up.

I will ship via uship or similar if you set it all up.