Items For Sale

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

mschel
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

1968 1600 (2000 replica) (Trade?)

Post by mschel »

Hi, not sure if this is the correct board for this posting, let me know if not. Thanks.

The board rules noted having to have a price so will put 10k but really looking to trade.

Putting out some feelers on this idea.

I got this 68 1600 (2000 badges) about a year ago to fix up with daughter but she has been too busy and I have had some health crap. Short version its still sitting with no progress. I wanted to teach her stick in the car since I had one as my first car.

Can provide more pics and other details but here is the short version:

Car came without engine.

It had a l20b in it apparently before I got it and still has both motor mounts.

Have spent the past year collecting parts for it.

I purchased a parts 2000 with U20 engine where the owner had removed the head and had it rebuilt but never put the car back together. So I have the complete engine/radiator/exhaust/5speed/driveshaft/mounts etc with new head gasket and I believe just about everything to put back together. Bottom end is intact and has crank/pistons etc still in there and turns over fine. I am keeping the parts 2000 to hopefully build for myself at some point but all the parts to swap the U20 into the 1600 are off the car and ready to go. Clutch looked fine and transmission shifted and spun fine out of car.

Description of the car up for possible trade:

Nice driver body with minor defects up close. Only visible rust is driver lower rear quarter. Was an Oregon Car that was apparently used for autocrossing so has some upgrades. I have a really nice grill for it that needs mounted.

Could come with the following to make fair deal:

- 14x6 libra wheels
- Parish plastics style hard top that needs weatherstrip.
- Soft Top Frame

What i am looking for is a nice driver 1600 (or 2000!). Ideal would be a nicely done sr swap (dreaming right!) but realistically a nice running driver level car would be great.

Needs to run/drive/stop well. Have a good top. Ok interior is fine. Basically something a daughter would like to drive, no rust buckets etc.
Needs to be relatively close to Central MD or can be brought here.

Anyway, so that's the ideal situation. Life isn't always ideal (haha) but hoping I can find something that works.

If I can't find a trade partner, what would something like this go for if I have to sell and purchase a running one? I know lotsa variables!

Please PM if you are interested, thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Erock311
Roadster Nut

Re: 1968 1600 (2000 replica) (Trade?)

Post by Erock311 »

I am responding to your previous post w/the 3 main dissembled engine, curious what the serial number is.
mschel
Roadster Fanatic

Post by mschel »

Hi, I can look it up if needed but where is the serial number you would be looking for?

I think there is one by spark plugs?
mschel
Roadster Fanatic

Post by mschel »

ImageGrabbed a pic of the serial number you were asking about on the R16 (unrelated to this ad). Going to repost the engine ad not to clutter this thread.
2024-05-01 23.11.07.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.