West Coast

Here you can put any nice Datsun Sports roads in your area to share with the rest of us.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

twistin
Roadster Fanatic

Re: West Coast

Post by twistin »

For me in the "Great White North" its the Frazer Canyon, old gold rush trail with awsome views and turns.
Couple years ago when comming home from a family holiday up the canyon I was day dreaming of driving the Roadster and low and behold a red one passed me, blew me away !
Turned out to be a member on here.
SRL-01749
My other car is an unfinished project. (as well)
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

My friend Joe took a video the other night. He arrived at golden hour, on a evening with an epic sunset. This is the road known as Glendora Ridge Road. It's 15 minutes, but the visual treat is to me amazing! It keeps getting better and better as he goes, as the road opens to bigger vistas and taller drops.. The part after 4:30 is just stunning, but the whole video is beautiful, at least to me.

[youtube][/youtube]
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by pebbles »

North slope of Mt Baker 05/28/15
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
msampsel
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by msampsel »

Very nice combo, with and without overriders and 50 shades of grey too. What could be better. Thanks
67 1600 (Mods only a mother could love)
78 911 SC Targa (Severe Oversteer but still loved)
Redrumls
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Redrumls »

dld wrote:Hwy 49 from Coulterville to Mariposa. Lots of twistys, not much traffic. At the base of the Sierra Nevadas, mid state.

DLD
I live not to far from there, can't wait to take that drive!
Greg
72 goon ka24de
64 nova ss
68 camaro ss
65 chevelle conv.
2012 dodge diesel 4x4
Coarsegold, CA
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

Hi gang, did a bit of driving over the past several weeks, going all over WA state and some into Oregon. A stand out for those in Northern Oregon was a neat little drive in the Clatsop State Forest area, specifically 202 west or the Nehalem Hiway, going out of Jewel and into Astoria... what a great road! It has been a couple days, but I recall it as being beautiful, smooth, deserted and twisty. If you looked closely it appears there are old homesteads long since abandoned hidden in the woods... just old stuff but some history there. Go check it out! Also, 103 coming off 26 leading to it was pretty great too as I recall...
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
mellis18
Site Supporter

Post by mellis18 »

RCMike wrote:My friend Joe took a video the other night. He arrived at golden hour, on a evening with an epic sunset. This is the road known as Glendora Ridge Road. It's 15 minutes, but the visual treat is to me amazing! It keeps getting better and better as he goes, as the road opens to bigger vistas and taller drops.. The part after 4:30 is just stunning, but the whole video is beautiful, at least to me.

[youtube][/youtube]
No center line roads are the BEST!!!!
Robert Ellis
Saratoga Springs, UT
1969 SRL311

1969 SRL311-07332
Matching numbers
1966 Mustang Coupe
FergO2k

Post by FergO2k »

Tepesquet Road and on thru on Foxen Canyon (east of Santa Maria), on thru Bucknell Road (sp?) which enters Solvang from the backside (from the north).
Epic twisties, and this motorcycle route website has old pictures, the road conditions is greatly improved.

http://sbc-rides.goption.com/StreetRide ... squet.html
Fergus O
69 2L, SUs (driver, not susceptible to polish)
02 Tacoma 4 door (sold at 300k miles!)
2017 Honda Ridgeline (2021 purchase)
Los Alamitos, CA
FergO2k

Post by FergO2k »

Lake Hughes (going west out of Palmdale) to Pine Canyon, on thru Gorman to Frazier Park.
North out of Frazier Park thru Pine Mountain, and thru Cerro Noreste thru to 166.
Great scenery, great sweepers on Cerro Noreste. At the end of it (166) you can go east into Taft, or West and over to the road coming back into Ojai from the north.
Fergus O
69 2L, SUs (driver, not susceptible to polish)
02 Tacoma 4 door (sold at 300k miles!)
2017 Honda Ridgeline (2021 purchase)
Los Alamitos, CA
mellis18
Site Supporter

Post by mellis18 »

FergO2k wrote:Tepesquet Road and on thru on Foxen Canyon (east of Santa Maria), on thru Bucknell Road (sp?) which enters Solvang from the backside (from the north).
Epic twisties, and this motorcycle route website has old pictures, the road conditions is greatly improved.

http://sbc-rides.goption.com/StreetRide ... squet.html
+1
Robert Ellis
Saratoga Springs, UT
1969 SRL311

1969 SRL311-07332
Matching numbers
1966 Mustang Coupe
MicVelo
Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by MicVelo »

Lazy late afternoon Saturday run in the coastal foothills (up 9 across 35, back down 84)...

....ends at the Alpine Inn, Portola Valley.

Wherein, wifely co-pilot treated the pilot to a cheezzzzburger and a cool amber ale for not getting us kilt on the way up or back down the hill. :smt002
MicStable: '68 SRL-311, Z33, SL55 AMG, Highlander-H / Gone: Z34 & Z33 Nismos, Z33-Rdstr, Z33-GT, Z32, Z31 Shiro (R.I.P.), Q45, 6-S30s, D-Prod SRL311 and a bunch of other non-Nissans.
Sunzy
Roadster Newby

Post by Sunzy »

RCMike wrote: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:51 pm Glendora Mountain Road, A.K.A. GMR... From Azusa to Glendora to Mt. Baldy
First 4 photos by Jon from Speed Driven Media, this is why I like to go up at night. My phone doesn't do this place justice at night..
Of course it's pretty good in the day too..

If you drive the full complex, altitudes go from 1000 to well over 5000', It's an amazing place..
Awesome photos! Nice shots.
mraitch
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600

Post by mraitch »

beautiful video, i love that road, but prefer sounds of engine over musical soundtrack - just sayin'
Peter Harrison
1970 1600 (Stroker) - TOAD SAN (Eliza)
1970 1600 (Stock) - As Yet Unnamed
Lake Balboa (SFV) , California
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

mraitch wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:06 pm beautiful video, i love that road, but prefer sounds of engine over musical soundtrack - just sayin'
Joe's diesel BMW is not the most inspiring sound..lol
Gladisco
Roadster Newby
Model: 2000

Post by Gladisco »

New car to me on old thread. Little Santa Cruz surf n turf up 9 > 236 Big Basin > 9 > Costco, one way to keep the spending down there, at least the quantities > hwy 1 ending at Manresa. Haven’t been on 236 since the fires, the regrowth is on and the views are stellar.

I could use some new shocks and smoother roads at least here in South county. We bought it last fall and had the brakes and steering and all the minimal other stuff a 56 year old car needs, but it is at least a rolling resto’
I am so impressed on how it drives, well minus the 20 year old tires which I should/will probably soon.

Not sure why my pics are side ways but here they be
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.