What about us?CCROC

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Sloloco

What about us?CCROC

Post by Sloloco »

I know there are only about 5 Roadster owners on the Central Coast but what about our own club? We aren't in the Valley, we are far from the "Bay" and we hate to be associated with L.A. We could help organize the Solvang Show since it is in our backyard. We also have some of the best back roads in the state for fun runs. The attractions alone should interest those from all over the state. We have Hearst Castle, Cambria Pines, Pismo beach/Oceano Dunes, Downtown SLO/ Santa Barbara and, more!!! I am good friends with the general manager of Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and, I know he would love to help set up an annual for us (see www.sycamoresprings.com)
I also have connections at Tobin James Winery, Meridian Winery, Eberly Winery, Edna Valley Winery and more. Just a thought to kick around.
:wink:
p.s. I'm thinking CCROC would be nice.
Last edited by Sloloco on Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
impinhigh
Certified Roadster Nut

sounds good to me!

Post by impinhigh »

Any extra excuse to head to the central coast is good enough for me! I know the Z crowd have a pretty good presents down your way.
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

Here is another guy for you, he is in Morro Bay, I got this email form him.

Hey Louis:
Great to hear from you and that you are doing so much for the Roadster club. You probably don't remember but I bought
my Datsun roadster when we lived next door at 2424 Harvard in Clovis. Itwas one year old (in 68). Probably see you guys this year in Solvang. It's a 1 hour trip for us. We have 2 huge cars shows here with very few foreign cars. The Morro Bay spring show (I am part of it as a Rotarian) is huge and great, and the Cayucos show in the fall is huge too. How about organizing a Datsun presence over here. The climate and accomodations are great. Let me know.

It's a GOOD DAY !
Jim Morgenstern, Partner
Partnervest Financial Group, LLC & Morro Bay Financial Services
Tel. (805) 772-2422.....Mobile (805) 234-4530.....Fax (805)
772-8133.....e-mail jimbokath@juno.com
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Central coast Roadsters

Post by SLOroadster »

I've been thinking the same thing, but I can't seem to get anyone interested. There are a few in Santa Barbra, at least 2 in Morro Bay, 5 Here in SLO, and 3 or 4 over the hill.
Count me in, I've jumped in with the Central Coast Z Car Club and done several runs with them. They are having a show in Solvang at the end of the month. I will make an appearance with the "Pre Z"

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Sloloco

Post by Sloloco »

Hey count me in Will. I would like to bring on my company as a sponsor as well. How about we talk it over this weekend? The fact that every town form Paso Robles to Santa Barbara have at least one car show a year should be reason enough!!! I think that and 2 fun run's up both Old Creek to Cambria and, a poker run to the old Pozo Saloon would go well. Okay, and maybe one wine tasting run!
We shall talk more this weekend, now I'm stoked.
:wink:
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Club

Post by SLOroadster »

Lance,
I don't get off work untill 5:00 so I should show up at the bike shop about 5:15 ish. You could call me, I think you have my #. At some point on Sat, I need to run up to Morro Bay to get some jets for my carbs, but I am free all day long otherwise. We could do a long sweep and head up 41 over to Atascadero from Morro, but thats up to you.

The club sounds good. As I said, I have gone fishing for interest in the past but lets see if we can put something together.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
spl310
Roadster Guru
Location: In front of this keyboard... in Jacksonville, Florida!

Post by spl310 »

Will, what's up with the carbs? I thought you had them professionally jetted. (still waiting on the scoop on that btw....)
"Wow, a Roadster!" Stuart Little

1967.5 2000
1967.5 2000
1964 1500
1964 1500
1967.5 1600
1968 chassis
2006 Acura MDX
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon
1995 F350 Powerstroke!
More...
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

JETS

Post by SLOroadster »

Sid,
I did have my carbs set up, I'm trying the next size smaller main fuels. It was suggested that I try the new ones.
Here is my set up

Pilot 57.5
Jet block #8
Main fuel 135 (going to 130)
Main air is a 185
34mm chokes
New Style Solexs.

Will
Sloloco

Post by Sloloco »

Hey Will,
Well, my engine stand was supposed (keyword) to arrive today but that didn't happen. So, I will be free all day tomorrow to go up. I have no prob. stopping by the Rock then cuttin' up 41 first. I will give the lady a call when I get up the let you know what time is good
Sloloco

Post by Sloloco »

Well, sounds like CCROC can be a reality! We have more than five "locals" interested in the idea and that is enough for me. With all of our Hot Rod and Car Shows we should have no problem getting exposure as well. I will be contacting you guys in the near future once I get the logistics organized!