The Brits invade Moscow, ID

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

dynaguy
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

The Brits invade Moscow, ID

Post by dynaguy »

About 100 British cars from as far as Reno, Salt Lake City and British Columbia, Canada had a meet/car show yesterday in Moscow,Idaho. Some very nice cars, all but one were driven to the event. I spoke with the President/organizer of the club. He was from Boise, ID. They do a show like this every year in a different city. Sort of a traveling Solvang. Nice guy, if a bit misguided. When I told him about being a Datsun Roadster owner, he replied, "the Japanese were really good at copying the MG's at that time". I didn't argue, since I was out-numbered 100/1, but did add "with significant improvements". A lot of nice car guys and gals. A beautiful day for the show. Pat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: The Brits invade Moscow, ID

Post by theunz »

Many of the European sports cars, particularly the Italian's, of the late 50's had lines very similar to the Datsun roadsters and the MGB's. Neither Datsun or MG introduced any ground breaking styling, although Datsun did offer better reliability and value.
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!