2018 Monongahela Melee!

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

sdb8100
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

2018 Monongahela Melee!

Post by sdb8100 »

Charity Drive/Rally Event SW PA & WV

For several years now my group of like minded vintage vehicle enthusiasts wanted to create an event to rally over, around, up/down and just generally have fun and camaraderie in the foothills of Southwest PA (Pittsburgh being our home base) and the mountains of WV on some of the most scenic roads and at times, challenging roads.

We are calling our event the "Monongahela Melee" in the spirit of the low-cost events you see on the West Coast, such as the California Melee and others. We are exclusively limiting registration to 50 cars this year (one driver/one navigator). It will be held the weekend of May 19/20 and offer official participation gifts and prizes as well as drinks and dinner held over two parties Sat and Sun night. Hotel and start information will be mailed to you after registration and payment of entry fee (NOTE: one "purchase" includes BOTH driver/navigator).

Do note, that there is entry criteria (mostly fun!) for cars accepted - all of this is listed on the website. We (me) would love some roadsters present especially since mine will be in pieces for this years event.

Please visit the informative website below as well as the Facebook page - please consider participation and/or to pass the word on to those that share this spirit for fun/funky old cars and adventure.

https://www.monongahelamelee.com/
https://www.facebook.com/MonogahelaMelee/ (please LIKE us on Facebook)

The hope to fill up registration as soon as possible during the month of March so we can close registration and get to any final planning in confidence.

I'd also like to note that the event proceeds are being donated to charities listed on the website and all organizers are volunteering their time

Hope to see you there!

Sean
'69 Datsun 2000 Roadster l Pittsburgh, PA
space
Roadster Fanatic

Re: 2018 Monongahela Melee!

Post by space »

Sounds Nice Thats beautiful country there
I may be in Pitt in May but def end of august for Pedal PGH
T
sdb8100
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: 2018 Monongahela Melee!

Post by sdb8100 »

It sure is beautiful out there. We were scouting the course during winter months and it was very scenic and fun. It's only going to be better once everything is blooming and green. Some great winding country/mountain roads. Should be fun.
'69 Datsun 2000 Roadster l Pittsburgh, PA