The Mitty 4/27-29

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

carlkaty
Site Supporter

Re: The Mitty 4/27-29

Post by carlkaty »

Where to start! "epic event" "go back in a heartbeat" "nice to put faces to names" all that and more. It was great meeting people I have read about. Alvin, Sid, Mike, and Dana, plus all the others. The Nissan rep that put it on. ( He was great, and seemed to me to be surprised that the weekend was even more successful than he planned). And great it was! And John Morton, I knew his name, and some of his accomplishments before I went, but I am now a Big Fan. The man was amazing, on and off the track. Always had time for people, great stories, great driver.
From the track we went to see the kids and grandkids in Palm Coast Fl. Took our time going home, stopped to see the Luray Caverns, nicest hole in the ground I've ever been in, worth every penny. Except, they need an elevator!! The roadster ran great and we put 2744 miles on it. Time to change the oil. Alvin, thanks, it was nice to meet and talk with you, and great, great write up!!
Carl, and Kathy
Carl & Kathy, Just outside Watkins Glen
Swapped 68-1600
05 Volvo (was Linda's) now Ali's (grand daughter)
17 Ford Escape
96 Buick Wagon-the whale

JUNK is the stuff you throw away
Stuff is the junk you keep
pebbles
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by pebbles »

Alvin wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:56 pm
Datsun.David wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:38 pm Alvin - truly an epic adventure. Thanks for bringing us all along with you.

dw
Glad you liked it, that was my goal :D
:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
David

"When we were standing next to the motor while on the dyno, and the motor hit VVL, eyes went watery.."
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

More coverage from a fellow 510 owner on Speedhunters:
http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/05/thi ... torsports/

Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Henry Albert
Forum Newb

Post by Henry Albert »

BTW -- The #45 Rabbit shown on those pages was later destroyed in a crash caused by another driver. Driver walked away, but was later hospitalized with a deflated lung.
Owned 2 510s & 2 240s.
Looking for a race prepped roadster.
Cyclewrks
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: The Mitty 4/27-29 (and some interesting Koni news)

Post by Cyclewrks »

Carl, was great to meet you and Kathy! Thanks for letting me try out the Miata seats in your car, definitely on my “upgrade” list for my car now. If you come through the Nashville area be sure to let me know.

Since I can’t figure a better place to post it and it was something I found out at the Mitty, I guess I will mention it here. I was chatting to the Koni rep at their booth Sunday morning about the possibility of them doing a run of shocks for the Roadster since tochoices are so few for us. He said that they weren’t planning to reintroduce them in the catalog but there is something on the horizon. They are working with someone to do adjustable shocks. There were some other details I got on them but not sure how much I should say......... though correct valuing on these was mentioned and availability in the Summer.
"Life is not a journey to the grave intent to arrive safely in a pretty, well preserved body-but rather arriving in a broadside skid, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Damn, what a friggin ride!"- Anon
'70 1600
MicVelo
Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by MicVelo »

Alvin wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:40 am My report is now live on the blog. Lots of videos and pictures it was an amazing event and I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Enjoy!

http://www.zcarblog.com/2018/05/11/even ... mitty.html

That's a fantastic report from every angle, Alvin!! Truly made me feel like I missed out. Thanks a lot! :| Kidding, really great pics! Missed that event but at least we have another "Nissan/Datsun honored" chance coming to Monterey soon!
MicStable: '68 SRL-311, Z33, SL55 AMG, Highlander-H / Gone: Z34 & Z33 Nismos, Z33-Rdstr, Z33-GT, Z32, Z31 Shiro (R.I.P.), Q45, 6-S30s, D-Prod SRL311 and a bunch of other non-Nissans.
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

MicVelo wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:42 pm That's a fantastic report from every angle, Alvin!! Truly made me feel like I missed out. Thanks a lot! :| Kidding, really great pics!
Thanks, that means alot to me!
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
carlkaty
Site Supporter

Post by carlkaty »

Just read an article in the July issue of Classic Motorsports about the Mitty. Starts on page 50 titled "The Mitty Gritty. Less coverage about the Z car garage than I would like, and sadly no mention of the Rock Vest car. Was pleased to see our roadster on track (carlkaty) with Dana's black one along side on page 53. Guess we are now "published". All and all a nice piece about the Nissan involvement at a beautiful track.
Carl
Carl & Kathy, Just outside Watkins Glen
Swapped 68-1600
05 Volvo (was Linda's) now Ali's (grand daughter)
17 Ford Escape
96 Buick Wagon-the whale

JUNK is the stuff you throw away
Stuff is the junk you keep
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

The September issue of Classic Motorsports has a full feature on Pete Brock and the BRE 240z:

Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread