Crystal Mountain, WA meet?

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Crystal Mountain, WA meet?

Post by Gregs672000 »

September might work well. I start to get worried about the weather as we get later in the year... I have no top other than the bikini! Totally open... keep asking around, especially those who are not on 311s. Thanks!
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

On the fun runs that used to happen, everyone got a free raffle ticket and then there was a drawing for a nice pro photo of your car
( rockstorephotos.com) and also some goofy prizes like a Harbor Freight micrometer etc. It was all in fun, but the pro photo was really cool, I think. So "prizes" don't have to be out of the question in that kind of format. Basically everybody won something, but the photo was the top "prize".
You also might think about any local 510 or Z clubs to have a casual combined meet with.
They might already be doing some planned meets.
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
AC77

Post by AC77 »

I decided to check this out and drove to Crystal Mountain. Very cool drive. If something can be put together, I am totally in!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adam C
1967 Datsun Roadster 1600, "Ivy" Registry | Photos
--
1964.5 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Chevy Luv
stevec
Roadster Nut

Post by stevec »

[/lurk]

That is a beautiful area, and a great drive to get there from any direction. Perfect spot for a meet up!

Crystal Mtn. is only an hour or so from my house, so it's a good day trip for me. If you are thinking about this year, it's probably too late to get much going in August, but September (after the kids are back in school) would be good, and September is one of my favorite months up here. Maybe Saturday the 12th or 19th?

I'm not much for shows and awards, so I like the idea of keeping it simple. Just get together, maybe bring a picnic lunch if you don't want to eat the food there, some tire kicking and then a scenic drive. See who actually shows up the first year, then decide where you want to take it.
1966 SPL311 "Miss Moneypenny"
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

Glad that this is starting to generate some interest! I was thinking "next year" but maybe a casual pre-show meet up in September would be a good way to introduce locals to the area a bit and see what people think. I've never been successful posting to DROPS for some reason (I get the posts, but it won't accept my replies), so if you any of you are active, mention the idea and encourage them to make their voices heard on 311s. Thanks all!
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
stevec
Roadster Nut

Post by stevec »

I also lurk on the DROPS list, but haven't posted much. Someone on that list posted a link to this thread; that's how I found out about it.
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

stevec wrote:I also lurk on the DROPS list, but haven't posted much. Someone on that list posted a link to this thread; that's how I found out about it.
Oh Good! I mentioned it to Ted so perhaps he posted...
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP

Post by Linda »

Get Ted involved. He is like the Roadster PT Barnum :)
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
jfunkdelicious
Site Supporter

Post by jfunkdelicious »

Whether it's a fun run up to Crystal or a full blown event, I'm totally interested. I've also made the trip up to Artist Point at Baker a couple of times just for the fun of it. I say pick a date and let's see how many people we can get to go. And then do it again next year and so on and so forth and see if it grows organically. I'm out for all events this calendar year as my roadster is in the construction phase but there's a good chance I'll make it next year! :)
1967.5 Datsun Roadster 1600
dynaguy

Post by dynaguy »

I'm interested in a trip to the west side. Pat
stevec
Roadster Nut

Post by stevec »

Crystal Mountain is closed due to the Norse Creek fire, and probably won't reopen until the snow starts falling.

Maybe next year?
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP

Post by Linda »

Next year for Crystal, but what about a Plan B for the area? Must be some fun run to do. What about a ferry ride across to one of the islands then buzzing around those roads?
My favorite is Whidbey Island. Lots of fun in the summer.
Linda
Gregs672000

Post by Gregs672000 »

My wife and I just got back from doing the North cascades loop about 60 minutes ago... all of hell must be on Fire! Never seen such smoke. Car was covered in ash this morning, couldn't even see the mountains. No idea what my lungs are like, but our eyes and throats were burning. So sad to see this!
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
Toptech360
Roadsteraholic

Post by Toptech360 »

A Mt Baker drive is being planned for sept 17 or possibly the 16th depending on what majority rules. Hopefully smoke will have cleared by then.
Dan
1964 Datsun SPL310. The Datsun
1997 Toyota Tacoma LX 4wd. The Truck
2009 Subaru Forester XT.
2017 Toyota AWD Swagger Wagon.