Organizer for the Solvang Roadster Classic Needed

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

NostalgicDatsun.com
Roadster Fanatic

Organizer for the Solvang Roadster Classic Needed

Post by NostalgicDatsun.com »

Greetings Datsun Enthusiast,
Some of you might recall, this past August I put the word out that I was looking for someone to take over as organizer of the Solvang Datsun Roadster Classic and I would need to step down from organizing and running this show. No one came forward to take it over so I remain in at the helm for yet another year, with no complaints.

However, I will Not be staying at the helm, this is my last year of organizing and running the Solvang Datsun Roadster Classic. Who is taking it over you ask? I don’t know; no one has come forward. The person that does take it over will get the email account with the past participants contact information and the web-domain http://www.solvangroadstershow.com , and the Solvang Datsun Roadster Classic Windmill Logo, and I will make sure they are not left wondering what to do. This is a special event that has gone on for a lot of years. It needs to continue as part of the Roadster tradition.

I Must also say that I really do not want the 29th year (this year) to be the final year of this event, but if no one agrees to take it over, after this year I will NOT be doing it again. I have really enjoyed organizing this show, but This is my last year, weather someone steps up to take it over or not!

I have made a career choice which will allow little time for me to work on this show.

For this year nothing changes, I am committed to providing you with another great show as usual. The team of people we have helping are top notch, with these people how can we give you anything less?

If you are interested in becoming the Organizer of the Solvang Datsun Roadster Classic please contact me directly at chris@nostalgicdatsun.com

PS. I will keep doing all of the other shows and events that I do

Yours truly,

Chris Breyer
----
NostalgicDatsun.com
Preserving the Datsun Heritage
http://www.nostalgicdatsun.com
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Re: Organizer for the Solvang Roadster Classic Needed

Post by RCMike »

I really hope this is not the end of this show.
jonny8
Roadster Fanatic

Post by jonny8 »

+1
1965 Roadster 1600
NostalgicDatsun.com
Roadster Fanatic

Post by NostalgicDatsun.com »

I hope its not as well. I have put the word out twice now. Each organizer brings something new to the show which is why its so great. It takes on its own personality with each new person. Everyone does the show different. I am more than willing to point the new person in the direction they need to go and tell them how to do it. It can be done by any newbie, first time organizer or any group or club.
----
NostalgicDatsun.com
Preserving the Datsun Heritage
http://www.nostalgicdatsun.com
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

If necessary, I think it is just fine if the show is just a casual gathering because of the work a bigger show entails. Keeping it simple is better than no show, so something to consider for an organizer.
My .02,
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.