Purist group Winter Drive Sat. Dec. 5

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Purist group Winter Drive Sat. Dec. 5

Post by RCMike »

The Purist group will be having our winter toy drive this weekend, at Santa Anita racetrack in SoCal. They are requesting attendees bring an unwrapped $10 toy or school supplies.

This will not be as big as Dustin's event, but the cars should be amazing.

Saturday the 5th from 10a-4pm
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Purist group Winter Drive Sat. Dec. 5

Post by Linda »

Interesting name. Purist about what?
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
nismou20
Roadsteraholic

Post by nismou20 »

I don't see any info about how to enter our cars in this event. Tickets seem sold out.
2004 Chevy Tracker
2010 RAV4
1969 Datsun Roadster
2005 Lotus Elise
1995 Toyota Tercel (Poormans Corolla)
2001 Fleetwood Jamboree RV
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

No tickets required. No sign up. The tickets were for vendors to set up booths. Just show up, and if you can bring a toy and take it to the collection area by the stage.

They have the whole Santa Anita parking lot. I don't think it will overfill, but who knows..
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

Linda wrote:Interesting name. Purist about what?
Linda
Purist is a group of car people, started by people who just really enjoy cars. Over some time, it has become a group about giving back, and has been very successful at doing that. This event has grown from a race shop parking lot, to a tire distribution center lot, to now Santa Anita in 3 years. My guess is this means I am going to spend a LOT more time in the warehouse this year giving out toys to the various organizations the members nominate.

But in the beginning, Purist was about people who actually drove their cars, and really enjoyed them. I got added after driving around in the mountains with the founder one midnite Wednesday night. We didn't discriminate if you had a Pagani or Lambo, as long as it was driven and you stayed on your side of the yellow lines. It soon added what people call 'influencers', people in charge of major divisions of car companies, owners and designers at major aftermarket companies, and then the track owners, track day organizers, and pro drivers started joining.. But at it's heart, it is about people who love cars, and who want to do what we can to give back.
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

Info was released last night, if you want to come, gates 3 or 8 will be open. Hope to see some there!