BADROC - October 10th - Jimmy's Old Car Show

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

BADROC - October 10th - Jimmy's Old Car Show

Post by datsun65 »

Jimmy's 16th Annual Old Car Picnic

An early reminder that Jimmy's 16th Annual Old Car Picnic will be held
in San Francisco on Sunday, October 10th, 2004.

BADROC folks attend every year, and others are more than welcome to join us. The event is held at Speedway Meadow in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. There's like 500 old cars that show up, all kinds and makes.
No charge to visit (if you park on adjacent roads), but it'll cost a $15
donation to park your old car in the event, it includes a raffle ticket,
dash plaque, and chance for a best car award (far too much competition!). Bring your own food or buy from vendors. Lots of cars of
every kind there, like from 1910 to mid-1970's, and lots of people to
chat with.

See you there!
Fred Katz - SSF, CA
roadster@rcn.com
'66 2L Lucy
BADROC

http://groups.msn.com/badroc
Dan
Houston, TX
datsun65
Roadsteraholic

Post by datsun65 »

For those planning on attending Jimmy's Car Show in San Francisco this weekend (Sunday 10/10)...

Here are the details:

http://juxtapoz.com/html/oldcar.html

There will be a few roadster folks attending. Keep an eye open for myself (67 2000) or Fred Katz (66 2000)...let's get a nice group of Roadsters parked together.

Being it is a picnic style event, bring your picnic food!

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA

http://groups.msn.com/badroc
Dan
Houston, TX
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
datsun65
Roadsteraholic

Post by datsun65 »

Alvin...Great!

We should have a really nice turn out...My friend Jorge will also be attending in his trick 510. I believe Ken (DATSTER) Pletcher is also attending. Also, Fred Katz is planning on being there.

Usually someone needs to arrive early to make a stake for a group space. I'll speak with Fred and see if he is planning on showing up early. In the past, I believe a BADRCO'r used yellow construction tape to cone off an area.
Dan
Houston, TX
impinhigh
Certified Roadster Nut

Post by impinhigh »

Hey Guys,
I'll be there and should pull in right around 815am. I'll buzz Fred'c cell if I don't run into you all. I put word out to Raul, maybe he'll be up for it as well.
Take care
Matt
Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Hey guys,
I'm up for the picnic as well. My question is how are we all going to find each other? Just drive around untill you see a group of roadsters - probably won't be too hard to spot! Oh, and we'll be parking on the lawn for the $15 too right?
datsun65
Roadsteraholic

Post by datsun65 »

Yes...Look for the group of Datsuns on the grass...You'll be able to find the group.

Matt...Can you PM me Fred's Cell Phone# so we can confirm a meet-up time & coral logistics.

Thanks,

Dan
Dan
Houston, TX
impinhigh
Certified Roadster Nut

Post by impinhigh »

All,
I have a 20' telescoping Golf Ball reteriver that could be use as a make shift flagpole to mark our location. Anyone have a Datsun or 311 flag maybe a raising sun?

DZ I pm'd Fred's info
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

Looks like Kate and I will be making it to this show. We are planning on rolling in around 10:00. We sure hope this isn't too late, and are hoping that you early risers will save a spot for us.

Does somebody have a cell phone, in case we have a hard time finding the group? I've never been to this show, so have no idea of the size, but if 500 cars show up, it seems like it could be a little hard finding 5-10 Datsuns. I like Matt's idea to put up a flag, let us know if that works out.

I was also thinking of bringing a small BBQ. If anybody is interested in bringing some food to toss on the BBQ, let me know so I can bring enough briquets.
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
katman

Jimmy's at GGPark - meet 2/3rds in?

Post by katman »

Hi guys,

Generally the Datsuns park about 2/3rds of the way into Speedway Meadow from the entrance area, towards the left as you drive in. But whoever arrives first should feel free to scope out the meadow and select what they feel is best. Problem is, some of the Detroit metal guys are territorial - they park in the same spots every year and might taunt you for being in "their" area. Halfway thru the meadow no one complains. Try to "protect" an area for at least half a dozen roadsters and hope we don't get squeezed in by the larger Detroit guys! Everyone should try to get there by 9am. I plan on being there from 8:15 to 8:30 - after that it gets busy.

My cellphone will be on that morning - (415) 601-3678
datsun65
Roadsteraholic

Post by datsun65 »

Hi Guys,

Fred & I spoke this morning...

I'll be arriving at about 7:45AM to try to corral/cone off a space for the datsuns. From what I've heard we will probably have about 10 cars!

Please try to come early. At about 8:45-9:00 it starts to get very busy. Fred & I will do our best to hold the space in the corral, but if folks don't show up till real late...it may be tough to hold on to.

Matt...Can you bring the mast..I'll try to get a banner to fly.

BTW: The show is really a BLAST. Not only fun showing off the roadsters, but also checking out some the incredible cars at the show.

Look forward to seeing folks on Sunday. My cell phone is 650 430-6648.

Thanks
Dan
Houston, TX
impinhigh
Certified Roadster Nut

Post by impinhigh »

Ok Dan/Fred/All, I'll see you guys right around 8am with pole in hand, wait, that sounded funny.

Anyway, as for the banner, error for a lighter one rather than a heavy one. Flag laden testing have yet to be conducted and the failure threshold is unknown at this time. Nothing worst than a "droopy pole". I think 16"X24" single ply nylon or cotton should hold up.

btw- going to see Rod of Rod's Discount Datsun tonight after work. If you need a part picked up I can bring it Sunday.

Thanks
Matt
katman

Post by katman »

Hi Matt,

LOL! Laughing hysterically as I picture this:
"I'll see you guys right around 8am with pole in hand, wait, that sounded funny. "
I don't think anyone will bother you at this gathering, anything goes! (Except burning rubber by peeling out - there are some cops around.)
I'll also have my cellphone on me that morning - (415) 601-3678. Don't try it most days as it is off unless I need it, but Sunday it'll be on. Reach me otherwise at home (650) 588-2290. I'll have my red '66 with me, as well as an igloo with a few extra drinks. If you're not familiar with GG Park I recommend you bring a map to locate Speedway Meadow.
Here's maps:
http://www.parks.sfgov.org/site/recpark ... p?id=25945
http://www.inetours.com/Pages/SFLndmrkVws/GGP_Map.html

It's mid-way in GGP off John F. Kennedy Drive. From the south, take 19th Av enter the park and stay in the left lane taking a left on Cross Over Dr then cut back left until JFK Dr and then right and follow the old cars. From the north, take 25th Av or 30th Av and hit JFK Dr.
ppeters914
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600

Post by ppeters914 »

Damn. I think I need to find a job in California - you guys are having WAAAAAAY too much fun!
Pete
-------------------------------------
'67 1600 - frame off started in 2014. Now I know why roadster projects take so long. What a stupid idea. :smt021
'66 1600 - parts car
'66 WPL411 ***SOLD***
A couple of Porsches, a RAV4 Hybrid, and a motorcycle
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED