East Bay Hill Cruise: Sunday August First

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

East Bay Hill Cruise: Sunday August First

Post by JoeK »

Who's up for a run in the East Bay? I've mapped out a few good roads in them thar hills. We'll meet somewhere near the Oakland Zoo, and head from there. More details to come on the meeting place later, I'm also welcoming suggestions.

The route I was thinking is something like this, though it'll get fine tuned in the next week, along with my '68 :) We head up Golf links rd. to Skyline, along Skyline for a ways, drop down Claremont, and then back up Tunnel Rd to Skyline again and along to Grizzly Peak. From Grizzly we'll drop down the Shasta Entrance to Tilden Park and down Wildcat Canyon. Then Bear Creek Rd will take us out towards Pleasant Hill and 680. That should take about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. People can head back if they'd like or we can cruise through Moraga and up Pinehurst towards Skyline again, either via Redwood Rd. or straight through. This is all a work in progress for the next week or so, so if you have any favorite roads you'd like to add, let me know.

I was thinking we'd meet up at 11:00. The fog usually burns off around then.

Sorry about the short notice, but it's now or October. If you have any questions, feel free to give a call at 510-.

Thanks,
Last edited by JoeK on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
impinhigh
Certified Roadster Nut

Good run!

Post by impinhigh »

Hey Joe,
Barring any unforeseen and otherwise unreported previous commitments by the “Governor�, I’m IN!!
I’ll post this to Roadster email list if you’d like, let me know.

Matt
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Brilliant Minds think alike!!

Post by datsun65 »

Hi Guys...Joe's run sounds like a really great path...

We can rescedule the San Carlos Breakfast to another time....

What do you think?

Dan
Dan
Houston, TX
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600

RE:East Bay Run

Post by S Allen »

Hey, that sounds like a lot of fun. We were going to do a run this Sunday but it did not pan out. I will try to make it down from the northbay. I might be able to drag a couple of others with me. --And if not solo is fine. We have only done a couple of runs this year and I missed Solvang and Shasta. Now, I am whining huh! Any other nortbayers' interested? Well, I will try to be there.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

I am on it! I will be doing that route, plus a few other ideas, in the week to come. One suggestion so far is to drop into Port Costa for a quick pint and show at the local bar. I'll have to check that out, but it might be a good pit stop.

I'll try to russle up a few other people in my neck of the woods. I know there are a few East Bayers that follow this list, plus a few that I met at Shasta this year. Please invite all and everybody that you think would enjoy themselves.

I will defineatly keep you all posted.

Thanks,
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000

Post by datsun65 »

YEs...Let's reschedule the San Carlos breakfast to another time...But let get firm details on the grizzly peak run do we can pass along the new info..

Thnks,

Dan
Dan
Houston, TX
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bengelhardt
Roadster Nut

Post by bengelhardt »

Count me in too. I wasn't able to make the Shasta or Solvang runs either so I've been hoping for a local run to get a roadster fix.

Now I have to hustle and get the cooling system flushed out and the radiator re-cored.

See you guys on the hill!
Bill Engelhardt
1970 2000
Oakland, CA
ambradley
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by ambradley »

Might be able to make it... let me know when and where I need to be. Have a long drive from Sacramento. :)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

Okay Guys, here's the deal.

I scouted a starting point, and here's what I've come up with. At the corner of Golf Links Rd. and Grass Valley Rd. is a Place called "Golden Gate Litho." I asked if we could meet and the mangaer said he'd have no problem with it, but would have to ask his boss about insurance, just in case. They will call me tomorrow. If they say no go, then we will meet in the parking lot right next door, which is for sale anyway.

So, the adresses are:
11144 Golf Links Rd.
11120 Golf Lionks Rd. as the alternate.

We'll meet at 11:00, and follow the route I posted at the beginning of this thread. When we get to the end of Bear Creek Rd, we'll look at the time and see what people want to do from there.

I'll try to post a full detailed route later tonight, but right now I have to get those carbs back on the Roadster to make sure I'm not drivin' a Mazda on Sunday.

Any questions, feel free to call me on my cell at 510-409-4466

Thanks,
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012
JoeK
Roadster Fanatic

Post by JoeK »

Here's the full skinny for the hill cruise, this Sunday, Aug 1st.

11:00 is the meeting time. Our meeting spot will ba Golden Gate Litho, located at 11144 Golf Links Road, cross street Grass Valley Road. If were not there, check the parking lot next door.

My planned route goes like this: We'll start by heading up Grass Valley Rd., which will quickly become Skyline Blvd. We'll follow Skyline all the way to Grizzly Peak, then along Grizzly Peak to Claremont, where we'll drop down and loop back up Tunnel Rd. to Skyline again. Skyline will take us back to Grizzly Peak again, which we'll follow to The Shasta Gate leading into Tilden Park. This will take us to Wildcat Canyon Rd. We'll follow this along, probably make a stop at Inspiration Point, then continue down to catch Bear Creek Rd. We'll take Bear Creek to the end and decide which way we want to go from there. There is about 4 different possible ways to go from here, depending on time and flexibilty.

Please forward this email to any other roadster, or datsun, groups you'd like, the more the merrier.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please email me at jibha@yahoo.com or call me at 510-409-4466

Thanks,
Joe
Former owner of:
'68 2L
BLK SRL
sold 12-11-2012