National Z Convention/Huntington Beach Concours D'elegance

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datsa 66

National Z Convention/Huntington Beach Concours D'elegance

Post by Datsa 66 »

Hey Datsun Folks,

Now that Solvang and RA are past, the Spring/Summer car shows are starting up! Although Shasta is the big Roadster/Datsun get together, it is just a little bit too far for me to drive, so I thought I would advertise some shows that Socalers and our friends down in San Diego can hit near the same time frame.

The first is the National Z car convention to be help the week of June 14-19th. It is being hosted by the GroupZ car club and roadsters have been invited to participate. I have already put in my application and I know that Victor Laury will be there in his "Limey Green Meanie" 240Z. Mr. K will be speaking there and I hope to meet him and get him to sign the inside of my glove box. I think it would be great to see soem roadsters there among all those Zs. Go to www.groupz.com for more info. The show and shine is on the 19th, but there will be track racing out at Willow Springs and all kinds of stuff going on during the week. Hope to see you there!

The second one is a little different. Huntington Beach is hosting a Concours D'elegance that I think would be a great opportunity to get our cars noticed by the larger marquee crowd. Although the show is mostly about Porsches and Ferarris, the do have a display division for Japanese Classic Cars (except for mini trucks, sorry guys!) and I think a good turnout of roadsters can only help get the word out on our incredible cars.

So now that the weather is warming up, let's get the cars our there and noticed!

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000
SRL311-00489