Socal Solvang Caravans

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Datsa 66

Socal Solvang Caravans

Post by Datsa 66 »

For those people looking to caravan to Solvang from Socal, I have heard that there will be a group leaving from the San Fernando Valley at 10 AM on Friday.

We'll be leaving the valley on Friday, 4/23 at about 10am. We already have four cars caravanning. If any of you would like to hook up and meet us at the bowling alley off of the Woodlake exit of the 101 (like previous years), please let me know. We're really looking forward to seeing all of you.

To get more info, email to: ONEGARLIC1@AOL.COM.

I will be driving up early Saturday morning from Orange County, probably leaving betweeb 5:30-6:00 AM. If anyone wants to get up that early and hook up let me know.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 Solex
SRL311-00489
Ldino21
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Ldino21 »

So Andrew, Are you coming now????

You were just playing with me before???

What's going on???

Lou Smaldino
Datsa 66

Post by Datsa 66 »

Lou,

Sorry about that. I had posted to the internet discussion list that since I got my starter and heater core fixed along with my personal plans changing that I would indeed be coming to Solvang with my car.

Sorry for the miscommunication,

Andrew Murphy
SRL311-00489
kt

Post by kt »

will you be keeping the speeds at/under 70mph?

that's the most i'd like to push my 4speed,
:)
Datsa 66

Post by Datsa 66 »

Depends on which caravan you go up with ;-)

The crowd that meets at the bowling alley are great people and will stick together. It only takes two cars to have one...

I usually cruise at about 70 in my car although I have the advantage of having a fifth gear...

Are you going up Friday or Saturday?

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489
kt

Post by kt »

I'll be going up Fri,

should be sending in my reg this week...

Marky510
Roadster Nut

Post by Marky510 »

Is anyone going up Saturday morning? Would like to jump into a caravan going through Santa Barbara from SoCal.

Not sure which way people will going to Solvang from down south, or if anyone knows of this shortcut (sort of) but when going through SB, San Marcos Pass, aka hiway 154, goes over the pass dropping into Santa Ynez valley past Cachuma Lake and into Solvang the back way. It's a beautiful drive with some curvy stuff. Just thought I'd throw that out there if anyone was interested in something other than the Coastline cruise.

One last thing, I would also like to offer my shop on Friday if there is anyone in need of assistance with their vehicle and what not.
It's a pretty small shop but we can fix just about anything that comes in. Shop number is 805-692-2618 and we'll probably be there until 7 or 8 pm (at least that Friday, cause I'll probably be doing some last minute repairs on the Datsuns). If you call, just let us know your with the Roadster group going to Solvang and you're in. Probably be pretty slow that Friday so it's definitely not a problem if someone needs help. I won't be there on Saturday though cause I'll be in Solvang with all of you.

See you all soon,
Mark
1970 Stroked 1600
Still waiting for cylinder head.

1966 Ford Cortina MK1 Wagon

1968 Volvo 124 Wagon -- For Sale

1963 Datsun WPL312 Wagon
Datsa 66

Post by Datsa 66 »

I will be heading up Saturday morning with one other car that I know of. I will probably be hitting SB at around 8 AM if that is any help. I had intended just to go up the 101 through Goleta on my way up. I do know the road up through the mountains past Cachuma lake but hadn't thought about going that way.

If you would like to meet up, contact me off board and we can arrange something.

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000