Bay Area Fun Run!

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Re: Bay Area Fun Run!

Post by Alvin »

Took 9 up to 35, then down 84 to the coast and Pescadero. Down HWY1 back up 9 home
122 miles
Lots of water still dribbling from the mountainsides, but still fun. HWY1 was amazing as today was close to 60F and sunny.

Going to try scoping out Mines/Calaveras tomorrow.
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
AidanDawn2000
Roadsteraholic

Post by AidanDawn2000 »

Nice shot! Just looking at the google street view of Mines/Calaveras made me want to try them sometime.
Oil a little low? Time to get a longer dipstick:)
Instagram!!!
1968 2000 SRL311-05110 (first car! Rust Bucket. Sold :( )
1969 2000 SRL311-10440 (matching numbers, Solex!)
Dave_Car_Guy
Site Supporter

Post by Dave_Car_Guy »

Alvin wrote:
Dave_Car_Guy wrote:I already agreed to an "oyster run" to Pt. Reyes with some other car guys.
Since when does the Karma Club do Fun Runs?
LOL, you might be surprised!

But in this case, the Karma stayed home and it was the "Germans vs the Brits" with a 718 Spyder, 718 Boxster, two McLarens, an M3 and a highly modified 996 Turbo. The Oysters were great.

So now we need to put together a NorCal Roadster run from San Rafael out to Hog Island Oysters in Marshall. Lucas Valley Rd to Highway 1 and up to Dillon Beach and back through Petaluma is a great ride.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave
Danville, CA
former 1968 Datsun 2000 Roadster
Dave_Car_Guy
Site Supporter

Post by Dave_Car_Guy »

Alvin wrote:
Dave_Car_Guy wrote:I already agreed to an "oyster run" to Pt. Reyes with some other car guys.
Since when does the Karma Club do Fun Runs?
And just to prove that Datsun enthusiasts aren't the only people who like a good fun run, here is a shot from my last run through Woodside and down to Los Gatos with a group of Karma owners. So...

EDIT: added video link below so you can hear the roar of the cars all running at the same time.

YouTube: Karma Fun Run
IMG_1167.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dave_Car_Guy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Danville, CA
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

Those oysters sure looked good!...www.hogislandoysters.com
Our So Cal Fun Runs frequent Neptune's Net...www.neptunesnet.com

Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

HAHAHA well done Dave, but Prius owners do Fun Runs as well, so...let's keep it Datsun Roadster.

More scouting, this time Calaveras Rd. Beautiful weather and roads were fast and dry. Off Felter there are road closure signs but Calaveras is actually closed near the Oakridge/Dam Project indefinitely. The good part and all 8 miles of twisties is open.

Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Dave_Car_Guy
Site Supporter

Post by Dave_Car_Guy »

Alvin wrote:HAHAHA well done Dave, but Prius owners do Fun Runs as well, so...let's keep it Datsun Roadster.

More scouting, this time Calaveras Rd. Beautiful weather and roads were fast and dry. Off Felter there are road closure signs but Calaveras is actually closed near the Oakridge/Dam Project indefinitely. The good part and all 8 miles of twisties is open.
As my brother would say when we were 5 and 8 years old : "you started it!"

I love Calaveras and Mines. Lets make something happen so I can post Datsun pics only. But also, the run out to Tomales Bay would be epic in the Roadsters if you were willing to hoof it all the way up to Santa Rosa.
Dave
Danville, CA
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

Dave_Car_Guy wrote: As my brother would say when we were 5 and 8 years old : "you started it!"

I love Calaveras and Mines. Lets make something happen so I can post Datsun pics only. But also, the run out to Tomales Bay would be epic in the Roadsters if you were willing to hoof it all the way up to Santa Rosa.
All in fun my friend! I love the route to Tomales, we were close to it on our Petaluma run in 2014:
http://www.zcarblog.com/2014/06/15/even ... t-614.html
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

Beautiful weather this weekend. Scouted another potential Fun Run: Up HWY9 down to Santa Cruz then to Watsonville and up 152 to Calero Reservoir. 116 miles, Lots of twisties!

Off McKean Rd:

My route:
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

I'm all moved in now in Cupertino, and unexpectedly got a garage in the deal - so I have my car again and was thinking about going to the Cars and Coffee at the Blackhawk Museum in Danville on Sunday. Is is this an event other members frequent?
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)
AidanDawn2000
Roadsteraholic

Post by AidanDawn2000 »

bakerjf wrote: I have my car again and was thinking about going to the Cars and Coffee at the Blackhawk Museum in Danville on Sunday. Is is this an event other members frequent?

I went last summer, very impressive variety and volume (500+ cars). Dave Primo and Joe_Car_Guy were there when I went. http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... uy#p243962
Oil a little low? Time to get a longer dipstick:)
Instagram!!!
1968 2000 SRL311-05110 (first car! Rust Bucket. Sold :( )
1969 2000 SRL311-10440 (matching numbers, Solex!)
bakerjf
Site Supporter

Post by bakerjf »

AidanDawn2000 wrote:
bakerjf wrote: I have my car again and was thinking about going to the Cars and Coffee at the Blackhawk Museum in Danville on Sunday. Is is this an event other members frequent?

I went last summer, very impressive variety and volume (500+ cars). Dave Primo and Joe_Car_Guy were there when I went. http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... uy#p243962
Looks good - thanks! That's the plan then (as long as the weather holds up).
J. Baker
Lafayette, CA
'69 2000 (Solex)
Dave_Car_Guy
Site Supporter

Post by Dave_Car_Guy »

bakerjf wrote:I'm all moved in now in Cupertino, and unexpectedly got a garage in the deal - so I have my car again and was thinking about going to the Cars and Coffee at the Blackhawk Museum in Danville on Sunday. Is is this an event other members frequent?
I go pretty much every month, unless the weather is bad, as it is not far from my house. I'll be there this Sunday so I can look for you. Not sure if I'll be in my Roadster or something else, but I'll look for you (and I'll PM you my cell phone if you want to text me). Its always a great showing of a good mix of cars. Get there early (7 - 7:30 am) if you want a parking space anywhere near the museum area. By 8:00 am things fill up with hundreds of cars and even if you come at 9:00 am you'll get a place to park, but not in the middle of things.
Dave
Danville, CA
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

bakerjf wrote:I'm all moved in now in Cupertino, and unexpectedly got a garage in the deal - so I have my car again and was thinking about going to the Cars and Coffee at the Blackhawk Museum in Danville on Sunday. Is is this an event other members frequent?
Yay! The garage is great news John. I've been to BHCC a few times and organized a fun run there for Ken P's last event in the Bay Area before he moved to Seattle. We had our OWN roadster section thanks to Dave Primo and company:
http://www.zcarblog.com/2015/06/09/even ... wk-67.html

This Sunday has some rain in the forecast, but if it's dry I'm gonna drive.
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

Great weather this weekend. HWY 9 had a full road closure from the 35 intersection. 84 was also closed at the 35 intersection. All for road repairs/slides. Still tons of fun twisty roads to enjoy!

Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread