Superdrive Sunday

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

DaRoaster
Roadster Fanatic

Superdrive Sunday

Post by DaRoaster »

Hi. The annual Superdrive Sunday is on tomorrow leaving from Pacifica, California. The meet up is at the Seabowl parking lot at 10AM February 7th; that's the bowling alley on the hill. I believe everyone takes off at 10:00, so it's probably best to show up around 9:00. You'll want to be early anyway to get a good look at all the cars. This event is welcome to all vintage cars, so if you've been aching to take your "other' car out on a rally, this is a good opportunity. There are usually at least a couple of roadsters on this rally. There have been some rare cars on this run, and it's great to see such a wide variety. It has grown in popularity in the 11 years since it began. The ride goes to Boulder Creek, then breaks for lunch. From there, the official run goes back to Pacifica. If you go, please take lots of pictures and post them here. I won't be there myself this year, so represent for us. This run is a guaranteed good time.
Dennis
1970 1600
Damian
Site Supporter

Re: Superdrive Sunday

Post by Damian »

Where do you follow these runs?
SRL311-08391
U20 - SUs
DaRoaster
Roadster Fanatic

Post by DaRoaster »

Some cars I like in the pictures from the event are: a Bristol, Lancia, Renault Alpine, Jensen, Toyota 800, two convertible mid-sixties T-birds, and a 1600 Datsun. These are pictures from my buddy Ben,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/68144590@ ... 4474447745
and my buddy, Norm: http://www.normanweinfeld.com/2016-supe ... unday.html

Superdrive Sunday is a casual outing by the California Melee guys. This happens annually every superbowl Sunday, and the only one day free event. With the advent of forums, not very many people still use Yahoo groups, but ours is still going strong: californiamelee. My first drive in a Datsun 2000 was at the Melee back in 2001. That's what spurred my interest in the Dastun roadsters.
Dennis
1970 1600
Damian
Site Supporter

Post by Damian »

I like this event. I participated last year and it was the first cruise I took my Roadster on when I bought it. I thought they had a couple one day cruises though out the year but never know until after or the day before.

Most people that keep up to date with technology doesn't use Yahoo groups or even Yahoo mail (no offense :lol:). If you live in the bay area or follow tech companies you know Marissa Mayer is struggling to keep the company together.

I guess I will have to make the next cruise.
SRL311-08391
U20 - SUs