Austin, TX - Nismo Fiesta - May 22-24th 2015

People can post things here such as upcoming runs, car shows and events!

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

datsun65
Roadsteraholic
Model: 2000
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Austin, TX - Nismo Fiesta - May 22-24th 2015

Post by datsun65 »

https://www.facebook.com/NismoFiesta" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://nismofiesta.com

Nismo Fiesta will be moving to Austin, TX this year. This year's Nismo Fiesta weekend will by May 22rd thru May 24th. NF2015 has been working closely with The Driveway Grand Prix just east of Austin. We are excited about this year's event being our biggest Nismo Fiesta to date. We are expecting our attendance to swell tremendously this year.

The Agenda:

*** Friday - The opening banquet will be held on Friday at our host hotel. This will allow incoming attendees, Nissan dignitaries and Nismo Fiesta staff to meet and greet early in the event. We will discuss the events layout as well as going over both recent Nissan and Nissan Motorsports news.

*** Saturday - Saturday's event will allow for two types of driving experiences, a track day and a hill country cruise.

The Driveway will host our track day on Saturday. The Driveway track event will allow those limited few that paid for the event to take advantage of the day long event. The track event is a full driving retreat program for the whole day. This will be a combination of class room education, learning the application of speed dynamics on the track and professional instruction. From there, the event will go into opening the track for groups of 15-25 to run the length of the day. Nismo Fiesta will only offer up 100 track spots once registration opens in the next upcoming weeks. The full daily track retreat will be a $200 per person, which is a hugely reduced attendance cost.

The Hill Country Charity Cruise will consist of a cruise through a pre-determined route with a stop for lunch and finishing up towards the evening. We are requesting a $10 per car charity donation for the cruise to help raise money for Nismo Fiesta's charity of choice. We are in the works for securing the possibility of a parade lap at The Driveway. We expect our cruise to be well over 150 cars this year, so please register early once we open registration. We will have more details as scheduling becomes available.

The Night Party will be held later that evening back at our host hotel. We are planning a whole host of activities for Saturday's evening event and will release those details once registration opens. Please note that the Night Party ends at 11pm, allowing the more "rambunctious" attendees to take advantage of Austin's famous night life.

**** Sunday - The Driveway will also host our car show event. The car show will be held on the actual track of The Driveway. We are working on supplying the normal Nismo Fiesta Goodies; a dyno, an army of vendors, an autocross and more. The Driveway will also close off half the course the run their professional karts all day for anyone wanting to partake. We expect attendance to swell this year with all the recent news. We are planning for 400 to 500 cars in attendance this year, so please make plans to register early.
Last edited by datsun65 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Houston, TX
datsun65
Roadsteraholic

Re: Austin, TX - Nismo Fiesta - May 22-24th 2015

Post by datsun65 »

Bump.

Remember, if you are in Texas, this is the chance to go to a Datsun/Nissan weekend event. It is a really fun event, and I'd love to help get some more roadsters to attend.

Right now, I'm going, and I've been in communication with three other owners about also attending. Please help get the word out to Texas Datsun Roadster Owners.
Dan
Houston, TX
cktrap
Roadsteraholic

Post by cktrap »

I'd like to go. Guess I need to get the blue car on the road. Might be the incentive I need to push foward. I wanted to go last year, work schedule just wouldn't allow it.
Keith
'70 SRL311
'10 GMC 2500HD
Mattk
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Mattk »

I don't have a running datsun but I plan on going. It sounds like a great show and the track day sound awesome, plus I want to see the new track.
I'm playing the "lets go visit your friends" card :wink: to my wife being that she's a Longhorn and still has friends there.

Matthew
MattK
spyder
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by spyder »

datsun65 wrote:Bump.

Remember, if you are in Texas, this is the chance to go to a Datsun/Nissan weekend event. It is a really fun event, and I'd love to help get some more roadsters to attend.

Right now, I'm going, and I've been in communication with three other owners about also attending. Please help get the word out to Texas Datsun Roadster Owners.

Wasn't in San Marcos last year? If memory serves me correctly, it was a rainy weekend. I had intended to go but I decided not to go because of the rain.

Weather will prevail!
datsun65
Roadsteraholic

Post by datsun65 »

Last year was San Marcos, but there was nice warm weather. No rain.

Prepping my 64 1500..Countdown is on...
Dan
Houston, TX
cktrap
Roadsteraholic

Post by cktrap »

I booked my room at the host hotel. All that's left is the master cylinder and parts are on the way. Still need to drive it some and get the bugs out. A little primer on some surface rust, spit and polish all I can. Then it's good to go, maybe next year it will be painted.
Keith
'70 SRL311
'10 GMC 2500HD
datsun65
Roadsteraholic

Post by datsun65 »

CKTRAP -> Fantastic! Texas Datsun Roadster Owners...Here is your chance.

Can't wait to AutoX the roadster. And a little fodder...

Dan
Houston, TX
cktrap
Roadsteraholic

Post by cktrap »

Who's going??? I'll be there late Friday and hopefully the roadster will be too. Still waiting on brake parts, registration and some test driving to prove it's road worthy. I'll be towing it from Ft. Worth. I need this to be a good experience for the spousal unit or I'd drive it down. Looking forward to meeting fellow roadster owners from the great state of Texas although the goal is to make Solvang next year. My daughter is graduating May 8th and moving to Socal so I have dual purpose to make out there next year.
See everyone there!!!!
Keith
'70 SRL311
'10 GMC 2500HD
Mattk

Post by Mattk »

Keith
I'm still working on getting down there. We have friends there but not sure who's going to be in town. If I go we will be getting there maybe Friday night but most likely Saturday morning to afternoon.
Matthew
MattK
datsun65
Roadsteraholic

Post by datsun65 »

If you can make it Friday night...it is worth it.

They will have an optional banquet on Friday night, but normally there are several evening get-togethers going on as well. Arriving at the host hotel parking lot on Friday night is a sight to be seen...Nissans (Mostly 370/350zs) and Datsuns everywhere.

It is good to be able to stay at the Hotel on Friday night, to be rested for the fun run Saturday Morning.

Fun Run is pretty well organized. Bring a hand-held walkie talkie. Last year they had several groups (maybe 4-5 groups) of about 15-20 cars in each group. Ran twisties through the hills, had a group lunch, and finally finished the day at the race track for parade laps.

Charlie Hubbard had indicated a couple of months ago that he was going to try to bring his 1964 SPL310 if he could have it prepped in time.

Dan
Dan
Houston, TX
Mattk

Post by Mattk »

What is the host hotel this year?
MattK
datsun65
Roadsteraholic

Post by datsun65 »

http://nismofiesta.com/index.php/hotel

Hotel Name: Hilton Austin Airport
Hotel Address: 9515 Hotel Drive, Austin, Texas, 78719
Phone Number: 1-512-385-6767

There is a group rate available till May 1st.
Dan
Houston, TX
cktrap
Roadsteraholic

Post by cktrap »

Brakes are complete, I got the car registered late yesterday. Weather permitting I will be driving her today to check things out. Felt good and tight yesterday but the rain stopped me from more than a 2 mile drive. As far as Austin goes, unless something raises it ugly head, I'll good to go to Austin. Still smiling from my first (although short drive) in the blue car.
:D
Keith
'70 SRL311
'10 GMC 2500HD
notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Post by notoptoy »

Congratulations Keith!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG