ATP 205 stop leak works!

Discussion for product reviews! Coming sooner or later.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Gregs672000
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

ATP 205 stop leak works!

Post by Gregs672000 »

I'm not usually impressed with a lot of pour in products to fix things, but this APT-205 Stop Leak is the real deal. I decided to try it on my 2005 BMW X3. It has over 190K miles, and they are known to leak out the rear main and their complex oil filter mount (i.e. difficult to access). I got this rig for $5000 as a replacement for the Mazda 3 that gave its life for me about a year and a half ago when used cars were stupid expensive. Gotta say, it's been trouble free so far, and other than the horrid gas mileage and the oil leak it's been great. And leak it did... all over the driveway. Grew into a big area over time and was just annoying. But my (broken) back was not making me want to do much car stuff, and like I said the oil filter mount gasket replacement job isn't fun. I just cleaned up after it and decided I'd take care of it later. Then I watched "Scottie Kilmer" (I think that's his name) automotive guy on YouTube and he recommended this stuff. I had nothing to lose, so...

And damn if it didn't work! It's been about 1000 miles I think, and it started slowing down fairly quickly, but now it's virtually completely stopped. I've seen no new drops on the driveway or at our other house, and I'm telling you it was NOT good before. I just wiped two drops off the skid pan and I'm going to watch and see if anything shows up, but I'll be more than happy with a drop or two, that's for sure. Oh, and it worked in the 2000 Z3's power steering leak too... just a few drops added no more leak (was very small).

Anyway, just thought I'd say something in case others are in a similar situation and want to give it a try. BTW, I could not find it locally but got it off Amazon.
:smt006
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588
Tacoma, WA
redroadster
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: ATP 205 stop leak works!

Post by redroadster »

https://justicebrothers.com/products/au
I trust these or did back then would use them now if a seller was around sold by the case otherwise ,we used them in the 70s engine tune up
Datsun dealer tech 76 to 87
Mitsubishi tech 9 yrs
Volvo, Kia, Toyota too
6 month - Rolls Royce
ASE MASTER TECH 96. - 11
70 SPL 86 Z31 T , Sportster