SS Brake Lines

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Ponder
Roadster Nut

SS Brake Lines

Post by Ponder »

Stainless steel brakes lines are really popular in the Honda crowd. But, after perusing the DAtsun list for a few months, I've never seen a mention of them being applied to a Roadster. Not even qualifying as a Roadster newbie, I'm not very familiar with the nuances involved, but the application seems like a natural. What am I missing? Thanks.

Steve
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:SS Brake Lines

Post by S Allen »

Steve,

SS brake lines are available for the roadsters. Most of the vendors carry them or you can purchase components and adapters from Pegasus Racing and make your own. I do not have the part numbers available but you will need the following:

3 each 16" 3AN-3AN straight-straight TFE Hose
3 each 3AN/Female I.F. 3/8 brake adapter-you can reuse your old clips!
3 each 3AN to 3/8-224 Large Hex for washer
3 each Copper crush washers

Parts can be had for under $100.00. This line is braided S/S teflon line. They have an online catalog. As long as the parts are in stock you will get good service.

So in short-you are not missing anything. Good luck!

Steve
Last edited by S Allen on Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

s.s brake lines

Post by SLOroadster »

I think NISMO has the brake lines already made. A friend of mine picked a set up last week. I beleve that is where he got them. I will try to find a part #.
-Will
TR

SS Brake Lines

Post by TR »

Dean at Fairlady Products has a nice set. More expensive than the pieces, but it includes the rear axle flexible connection...

http://www.datsunparts.com/

TR
Ponder
Roadster Nut

Post by Ponder »

Thanks a lot. I may try one of them. How do I find NISMO parts. I've search the web awhile ago and it seems like I found sites that sold some NISMO parts but I never found a direct site. Or am I misunderstanding what NISMO is?

Thanks again,
Steve
I drank what? -- Socrates
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:NISMO

Post by S Allen »

NISMO does not have a site that I know of but any NISSAN dealer shoud be able to sell you a copy of the NISMO Competiton Catalog relatively cheap. Nissan Motorsports is located in Gardena, CA. Regards.........

Steve
Ponder
Roadster Nut

Post by Ponder »

I got the set from Dean at Datsunparts. Took about a week to get them shipped to Indiana. They took awhile to install, but it was mostly because we broke off the solid line at the rear. Sure seems to improve things. I was hoping it would cut down on the pedal travel some, but it didn't. Still at least 3" of pedal travel before it firms up. It's a bit disconcerting, but I'm sure it's just an acclimation thing.

I finally bit the bullet and bought the Datsun on Good Friday. It's a '69 2L with a '68 1600 engine in it. I need to remember to get the serial number to see if it's ever been on the registry.
I drank what? -- Socrates