Correct emblems?

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Revbang

Correct emblems?

Post by Revbang »

I have an early 67 SPL 311. What are the correct emblems for the sides and the back? Are they both the emblem with the Datsun in little letters followed by the 1600 in large numbers? Are all three interchangeable? What's a fair price?

P.S. Why do some models have the "Fairlady" emblem and other do not? Thanks for the forum! Mark
kogi
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Correct emblems?

Post by kogi »

mark...
this is little late but...
you should have DATSUN_1600 emblems on the sides and back... but you can get "fairlady" (jdm) for the back... and yes, all of the DATSUN_1600 emblems are interchangeable (side and back) but the fairlady can only be located on the back if you are running the side ss trim... btw, their are two differ fairlady on the market... script and san serif italic.
far as pricing... good luck... check with the vendors.

take care...
ken
Revbang

Post by Revbang »

Ken, As I have looked around I have come to same conclusion about the emblems being the same on back and sides. Can the fairlady replace the emblem on the back or should it go below it? Thanks for your input. I love this forum. Mark :D
kogi
Roadster Fanatic

Post by kogi »

hi mark...
personally, i like the DATSUN_1600 on the back... however, i had a problem finding the thrid emblem for my car so i wound up getting the fairlady script... they are inter-changeable on the rear.

take care...
ken

p.s. do you have pics of your toy posted on the net? :D
Revbang

Post by Revbang »

Ken, My Roadster is on the net. It is still listed by the person I bought it from at Christmas time. The address is: http://www.wycroc.org/brill.htm
This is my third roadster but the first in over a decade. I can't wait until spring! Mark
kogi
Roadster Fanatic

Post by kogi »

nice :D
i like the sound system...
some day i have to install one of those...

thanks for the pics...
ken

p.s. is that shifting boot upside down... or is mine :?:
Revbang

Post by Revbang »

Yours is right. That was the first thing I changed. I am also in the process of changing seats (to 69 with headrests) and doorpanels. They were a funky custom two shades of grey and black. They are not bad just not my taste. I'll probably put them on ebay in the Spring. Mark
DELETED

Fairlady Emblems

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DatsunBucky
Roadsteraholic

Post by DatsunBucky »

On the '67.5s, the "DATSUN" was above the side trim and the "1600" or "2000" was below, just like the '68 and later ones. The "early '67" 1600 had them both above the trim.