Limited Slip Differentials, Rear Axles???

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

TR

Limited Slip Differentials, Rear Axles???

Post by TR »

Hello All!

Does anyone have any information on limited slip differentials?

There used to be a place on the web called Nissan Motorsports Nismo Parts that advertised them, but their site is gone.

Does anyone have a complete, useable rear axle assembly from a 68-70 that they would like to sell?

Thanks, TR
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

LSDs and axels

Post by SLOroadster »

If you go to Nismoparts.com and order the catalog the parts are still listed. (I was just looking through it last week) The LSDs are expensive, but are really cool. With the SR20DET you will probably want the 3.7:1 rear end. I have a 4.11 non LSD and my car runs out of gear at about 110 mph. I have a solex U20 in my car. YOu will have far more power so take advantage of the greater power with the taller rear end.
-Will
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:LSD

Post by S Allen »

LSD is going to cost you dollars. Dennis Currington recently said on the "Roadster List" that he had one for sale for mucho dinero.:cry: He probably still has it. Gordon Glasgow's site has some very good information on limited slip diffferentials. Good luck!

Steve
TR

Nismo

Post by TR »

Hey guys, thanks for the info.

Will, is Nismoparts the same people as the original Nissan Motorsports?

Thanks again, TR
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

NISMO

Post by SLOroadster »

I think they are a dealer that stocks most of the aftermarket performance parts. I have bought quite a bit of stuff from them. The catalog comes from a dealer in L.A. some place. I haven't figured that one out yet. At any rate, they have LSDs. You are looking at spending about $1000 for one.
-Will
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Limited slip diffs.

Post by SLOroadster »

I found out yesterday that NISSAN no longer has any LSDs for roadsters. The part is NLA :( Parts for them are also few and far between. How ever there are lots of comp springs both front and rear. The realy rare compitition parts are almost all gone so if you want or need them try to find them soon.
-Will
TR

NLA!?

Post by TR »

Thanks for the heads up!

I am thinking it may be easier and possibly cheaper to modernize the rear end...

Thanks!>>TR