speedometer gear

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

csedatsun

speedometer gear

Post by csedatsun »

I recently installed a 5 speed in my stroked 1600. The speedometer is way off now. Will the gear from my 4 speed gear box fit in the 5 speed box to bring this back to reading correct? I am also having trouble with the speedometer not working all the time, it may just be an issue of tightening something, but suggestions of any sort are welcome.
Great site, it really helped with some issues I had getting the stroker running right.
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Tranny Gears and Accuracy

Post by S Allen »

No, I do not t think the fix is that easy. There were a number of different gears for the tranny available at one time to to adjust the accuracy of your speedo. I will have to try to dig up the part numbers and the recommendations as to which one is the best to use and when. I have it some where and should post that to the site. Glad you found something you could use on the site too! I will look for that info-unless someone else beats me to it. :roll:
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Speedo Gears

Post by S Allen »

I found that info for you but I have to email it to you privately as it came from another source. I need to get permission to post it on my site. If you register I can email it to you or just send me an email to the webmasters address. Register though as you can not go wrong. The more the merrier I say. :roll:

Steve