Seeking Answer to Riddle of Installing Comp Swaybar

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

SP3
Roadster Fanatic

Seeking Answer to Riddle of Installing Comp Swaybar

Post by SP3 »

Searched the archive unsuccessfully on recommended approach to install Dean’s Comp Sway bar and urethane bushing kit.

This is the bar he offers just below the exact replica of Datsun’s bar (recall it is 2 or 3 mm thinner).

Has anyone figured out the hack to install this setup? Pretty sure my front end is in spec and not off from prior accident.

Tried with:
    wheels off
      wheels on and both sitting on 2x4’s
        front end jacked up with both A-arms raised to parallel orientation with ground - wheels on
          end clips secured first with longer securing bolts
            center link mounting bolts loosely started first

With the longer bolts for end clips and both center link mounts, I am able to get all secured except the last center link mount. It is not lining up with perch, sitting behind the cradle section. When I try to raise with a bottle Jack it does not move forward where I can get it close to positioning it to start the 2 bolts to fasten.

Seeing in profiles a lot of guys are running the bigger bar, hopefully there is method that is proven.
            david premo
            Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
            Model: 2000
            Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Seeking Answer to Riddle of Installing Comp Swaybar

Post by david premo »

Put the two ends in the A arms and secure them with the car on the ground with the suspension loaded. Then put in a floor jack under the middle of the sway bar and jack the sway bar up until it comes in contact with the center mounting points.