Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Jimmers74
Roadster Nut
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Orphan relay

Post by Jimmers74 »

This relay was liberated from the driver's side of my 69 1600, attached to the cable holder for the outside air vent. None of the wires were connected.
Colors from the top are: RED (with one end of a fuse holder); YELLOW (hot end); GREEN; On the dual connector, BLUE with RED stripe and BLUE with WHITE stripe. I have scoured the wiring diagram, looking for these colors in any combination, and the places I find BLUE/WHITE are the blower motor, wiper motor, and hazard flasher. Oddly enough, all of these work. Would like to discover what the original intent of this relay was. Would appreciate your insight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JT68
Talented Enthusiast

Re: Orphan relay

Post by JT68 »

That's definitely a PO addition. Could have been used for many things-stereo, amp, lights, ignition, horn, almost anything. If it was not connected to anything, its safe to say the PO kept it. Certainly not oem, looks like the PO used random roadster wires as donors. Looks like minimal insult though. Seen some amazing hacks on roadsters
LT/JT
https://www.datsunrestorationproducts.com/
Only the very BEST parts for your Datsun- 10000's of items in stock
New, Used and Reproduction!