Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Mattk
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Wiring schematic for restomod

Post by Mattk »

I’ve been planning a ground up rewire for my little lady and have been working on these for a long time. Not as easy as I thought it was going to be but I learned a ton. That all being said I am posting these for a review. To see if there are any mistakes or issues that I just don’t see since I’ve been staring at them for so long. Another thread around here somewhere talked about the Moto m-unit blue and I have decided to try it out. It seems to have some cool features that will make things a little more modern. I’ve sent these to Curtis but he seems to have a lot going on with his project and only said “the relays seem complicated” 😂 which is true but what ever.

I’ve included power windows, locks, seat heaters, AC and more, some of which can be replaced by modules or left off but I decided to go cra cra🤪
So feel free to give me feed back or to use it for personal use as a reference, no reprinting please.

Thanks ahead of time

971860D7-4765-47B7-B5D7-DB5690C13848.jpeg
200A734C-FE18-448D-BC92-D0E216B95E61.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MattK
eye
Roadster Fanatic

Re: Wiring schematic for restomod

Post by eye »

Too much for my little pea sized brain.
projects at 329art instagram
more junk 329art.com
bobd

Post by bobd »

I applaud the effort it took to make those schematics.

I did my '69 SR20 Roadster with rolls of wire and a bunch of Vintage Electrical connectors one circuit at a time. The few sketches I did were crude.

Higher resolution would be better, things get fuzzy when enlarged enough for my eyes to read.
'69 1600 with SR20DE
GoldHawg
Roadsteraholic

Post by GoldHawg »

I'd like to see it in higher res too. I'm trying to decide what chassis harness to get now for my own restomod. The Wiring Specialties Harness has the fan and fuel pump control and relays built in, so I don't need that (which most of the larger circuit harnesses have included) but don't have many of the circuits I want (e.g.,seat heaters, fog lights). I know I could repurpose existing circuits, but it would be great to have the wires and fuse box correlate with actual function. Be interesting to see yours more closely to see a custom approach.
Mattk

Post by Mattk »

Sorry all. I can’t seem to get a high res version to load up. I’m using a stupid old version of photoshop. Any suggestions?
MattK
eye
Roadster Fanatic

Post by eye »

Try saving as a pdf or eps if available or pick highest res.
projects at 329art instagram
more junk 329art.com
Mattk

Post by Mattk »

Alright I think I got this now. If not let me know. You can now save to hard drive and open and zoom in nicely now. Please these are for your personal use and reference not for sale.

This is the basic wiring schematic. I've adding some accessories that may not end up on the car but I did it to be complete or maybe it was just an exercise for me.
4B Flat.jpg
This one is with the Moto M-Unit Blue. Im going to be doing things with this. I have not included the security system for obvious reasons but its in there.
4B Moto Flat.jpg
Please review and let me know if I've made any errors. Ive shot these to Curtis but have received no feed back other than the "relays seem complicated." But I get that, hence the use of the M-Unit Blue.

Ive decided that I can start the harness for the lights, but everything else is going to have to wait till I finalize some placement issues.

Thanks ahead of time,

Matthew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MattK