Header and oil cooler canister info

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

notoptoy
Vendor-Site Supporter

Re: Header and oil cooler canister info

Post by notoptoy »

Good to see you are making progress!
"When all else fails, force prevails!" Ummm, we're gonna need a bigger hammer here.

67.5 SPL311 H20 w/5 speed
65 Impala Convertible
2017 C43 AMG
gtrbg
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by gtrbg »

Used a strong magnet to hold hopefully most of metal shavings on L as cut off plus plenty of rags. Hope to have running by upcoming weekend. Will try to have done enough to use at Mt Equinox Hill climb with VSCCA in August. Still have to get side BRE exhaust recreated.
JT68
Talented Enthusiast

Post by JT68 »

gtrbg wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:44 am Slowly getting the Datsun U20 back on the road. DatsunRestoration Parts (Lynn and Jim) have been great supplying parts, answering my sometimes dumb questions, and hopefully keeping me from making mistakes.

Removed the evil L and added spacers.

Thank you for the shout out, glad your L surgery went well! Looking good! J
LT/JT
https://www.datsunrestorationproducts.com/
Only the very BEST parts for your Datsun- 10000's of items in stock
New, Used and Reproduction!
gtrbg
Roadster Fanatic

Post by gtrbg »

Finally getting back to the Roadster. Using a great local car repair shop (Auto Center in Chappaqua, NY) to fabricate the connections from header to exhaust. See photos of work in process. A bit of sculpture art.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RCMike
Roadsteraholic

Post by RCMike »

I am surprised I never saw this thread. I think I have the easiest car to get these photos, but need to go to my brother's shop to do it, since it is sitting on the lift down there.

Cole, I think the reason no one makes one is the cost would be just stupid, Rock and Randy had I think 4 collectors with different size steps in them for torque curves, and the market would be what? 5 cars maybe?

Really like this car!
gtrbg
Roadster Fanatic

Post by gtrbg »

Header sounds good. Was costly to get done as a one off. After running it for a little bit I have decided I need to extend the tailpipe a little further back to rear and a little further out from under the car like in the red car in the picture supplied by others above to get the exhaust smoke a bit further from the driver. Shouldn’t be too bad to extend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.