Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

lagomorph
Roadster Fanatic
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

SR20 Pin 4 issue.

Post by lagomorph »

Hey everyone,

I have an issue with my SR20 powered Nissan NX2000. Long story short after a horrible incident with the alternator borking itself, melting the circuit board copper track for the ignition on pin, and repairing the ECU with a bit of wire and solder - pin 4 from the ECU is continuously feeding .8v to the ECCS relay, and i can't turn the car off with the key. I can shut it off by popping the clutch, or removing the relay. I've scoured the diagrams trying to figure out what is feeding the circuit after the key is removed. I've heard mention of a diode backfeeding allowing current to flow both ways, but I'd have no way to diagnose that small of an issue without a guide from someone that has already done it.

My options are ( I have a race in a few weeks) to
A: figure out what the issue is with the circuit, and repair it correctly.
B: install a on/off switch inline with the wire from pin 4 to the ECCS relay so I can shut the car off without pulling the relay every time.

I figured the people here were much more familiar with SR20 installs than most.
Thanks-
Jeff
redroadster
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: SR20 Pin 4 issue.

Post by redroadster »

Yes messed up my 2 cents ...Ive been handed quite a few rides such as this
Start with what is the draw in amps
Mila amps with the key out every thing off 10 to 30 mil amps normal
On that alt. If more , have your multi meter hooked up and start discon. Multi plugs , componets etc to see if it returns to normal
You have a pin block with connectors shorting out ? You can relocate 1 pin to another spot or even just wire around .
Jeep wrangler had a recall where. In a 20 pos. connector block only 8 used they put the starter soleniod wire next to the batt. And they melted together some started by themselves driving into , through garages
Datsun dealer tech 76 to 87
Mitsubishi tech 9 yrs
Volvo, Kia, Toyota too
6 month - Rolls Royce
ASE MASTER TECH 96. - 11
70 SPL 86 Z31 T , Sportster