Cloth interior options

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

GoldHawg
Roadsteraholic

Cloth interior options

Post by GoldHawg »

I am still deciding on what color combo to go with on my build, and I'm currently about 75% sure I want to go with one of the newer pearl white colors for the exterior and a red interior. The only thing I'm sure of is that I will NOT roast with the original black vinyl seats. So I was considering tan or lighter color as one interior option previously, but currently thinking red. But I don't think I want to just go with the available stock replacement seats.
For one thing, I'll be needing custom seat covers for the cushions I plan on using, but for another, I also think cloth might be better. What is the best type cloth material that people generally go with that is easier in the sun? I plan on having seat heaters for the the colder days, but I want to make sure its cooler to sit on in the sunny days. I love the feel of suede, but I'm not sure how well it holds up to the sun? Thoughts on material types? Any good pictures of red cloth interior? or lighter interior in general?
Thanks for any thoughts.
dynaguy
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Re: Cloth interior options

Post by dynaguy »

I had my seats done in a 2 tone gray/charcoal tweed. Had seat heaters installed at that time. Very comfy, not sweaty, and the material provides some "butt grip" for spirited driving. FWIW Pat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Post by Lorna c »

what no massage too ? very nice . almost looks like a black n white picture .
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .
GoldHawg
Roadsteraholic

Post by GoldHawg »

Any other inputs? Love to see/read about other choices people have made and why.