Exploded roadster radiator parts diagram

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Geistfahrar
Roadster Nut

Exploded roadster radiator parts diagram

Post by Geistfahrar »

Hi folks!

I am preparing to re-mount the radiator in my roadster, but am missing some of the bolts that secure the radiator to the cross-braces. The image in the Tech Wiki identifies the parts in question by number, but the numbers are too small to read & there is no Nissan parts reference to go with them.

Stainless parts for the 240Z ( 690-034, set of four ) look like they will fit the roadster. If that is true, I will buy a set to replace my original mild steel parts. If not, I would appreciate a note indicating the correct part numbers for the subject bolts, washers & lock-nuts.

Thanks for the help.

Garry
Location Southern Cal
69' 2000 Roadster, being repaired by O/O
2001 Mercedes ML430; Was Wife's ride, now Grocery-hauler
2005 Jeep Wrangler X; Was Motor-home Toad, now local shopper
2005 33' Dolphin motor-home; Was vacation home, now guest house
Nissanman
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Exploded roadster radiator parts diagram

Post by Nissanman »

3 1-14525-1 BOLT QTY 4 SIZE M6 x 1mm pitch
4 9-12345-1 NUT QTY 4
Nissanman, just trying to help.
1965 SP310 Engine No. G-93326 Car No. SP310-10817
https://photos.shutterfly.com/album/60141836519
On the road again!
printner
Roadster Fanatic

Post by printner »

Mine weren't metric. Mine were 5/16-24 x 7/8" with nylock nuts.

The stock bolts had a letter "T" on the head.
radbolts.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
67.5 1600 stroker in progress
Geistfahrar
Roadster Nut

Post by Geistfahrar »

Thanks for the input. That is exactly what were on my car! I have often wondered how SAE parts found their way on these roadsters. I can understand how multi-owner cars can get them, but in my case, the roadster was out from under my scrutiny only once, In November 1971, I was directed by my employer to fix a product problem outside Dusseldorf, & in the process of getting my passport in downtown L.A.,I had to leave the car in a public parking lot.

About two weeks after returning from my trip, I noticed my trans "growling" loudly, & as I was unable to jump on the problem myself, due to job priorities, I took the car to the dealership for repair. The lot jockey had obviously slammed the trans in reverse, while the car was still in motion forward, and the result was the destruction of the entire gear train. When I re-built the engine & trans in '84, after the '83 "Death rattle" wipe-out of the timing train, I did all the pull, stripping re-assembling & replacement myself, so the radiator & it's mounting parts were never out of my garage.

The local dealership that did the first tranny rebuild no longer exists, and all the Nissan folks that I dealt with during the 70's - 90's are long gone, so I can only wonder if ( or why ) the Branson Datsun techs used SAE parts. I found a better parts-explosion than the one on the Tech Wiki, but it did not cover the late '69 VIN's ( the part numbers did not match Nissanman's ). I guess I will go ahead and replace the OEM's with new SAE parts.

Thanks,

Garry S.
Location Southern Cal
69' 2000 Roadster, being repaired by O/O
2001 Mercedes ML430; Was Wife's ride, now Grocery-hauler
2005 Jeep Wrangler X; Was Motor-home Toad, now local shopper
2005 33' Dolphin motor-home; Was vacation home, now guest house
theunz
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter
Model: 2000
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by theunz »

My 69 is mishmash of SAE and metric. Mine was sold in new in 1970, and I've owned it scince 72, so I'm pretty sure the factory used both types of fasteners. It seems that generally the engine is metric and the chassis is SAE, but not always!
Mike M

Old enough to know better, too old to remember why!

1969 2000 solex mine since 1972, under resurrection. (Finally resurrected as of spring 2019!)
1969 Porsche 911s -worth more, but not as valuable! Gone!
2017 Lotus Evora 400 - Oh my!!