Paint job restauration

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

peter
Roadsteraholic

Paint job restauration

Post by peter »

After about 40000 miles in rain and sun I see some spots on my car that needs (in my opinion) restauration.
My first restauration shows my failures in technical know how. This time I will go true all these steps and hopefully it will be good then for the next 10 or 20 years. It's not the technical work and drive line, they are good. but small spots and dents, and places that are sandblasted but actually must be welded. So that is what I gonna do now. First I marked in the right light all little flaws in the paintjob and this week(autumn holliday) I gonna start with sanding, welding and grinding. First I will take all the chrome work off and the car will be painted in parts. A lot of work but the winter is long.
I also placed some stealies so that my rota's will not be destroyed.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall,torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Datsun Roadster '66 #7000 Sora Blue, restored 220 Hp and 340 Nm
mraitch
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Paint job restauration

Post by mraitch »

Peter,

the little 'crack' at the corner of the trunk lid is caused by 'stress' of the underlying lead filler - there is a LOT of lead in that general area where the rear fender attaches. (ask me how I know)

No idea how to fix - perhaps spot weld a triangular piece underneath??
Peter Harrison
1970 1600 (Stroker) - TOAD SAN (Eliza)
1970 1600 (Stock) - As Yet Unnamed
Lake Balboa (SFV) , California