Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Curtis
Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Fixed it in 5mins

Post by Curtis »

If your budget allows you might want to consider a new set of stainless lines from Classic Tube. Or just the line you need. Of course that means a major one or two day job at the very least to change them out.

Pete here in the NW just bought a set and told me they are very nice. I plan to buy a set.

His main comment was one of the other guys here just cleaned up his original lines and it didn't take long before they looked dirty again.
66 stroker, almost done.
67 basket case, paint coming soon.
Lorna c
Site Supporter

Re: Fixed it in 5mins

Post by Lorna c »

JT68 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:35 am Lorna, are you sure there is not a repair shop nearby that could help you? Some of these “repairs” you are tackling are much much better/faster/safer/easier when handled by a pro. (Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just considering your safety, the car’s well being and other drivers on the road)
I hear ya . But if there were someone here that could help me , I'd use the crap out of them ...haha ya know . No one I've found , close by anyway .. don't worry . If things are sketchy I don't push it .. I know it sounds like everything I do is sketchy and probably is but I think the car is used to that by now and the angles carry me or something . . Jk . They seem to turn out solid somehow by the time I'm done .. and I will find someone to help . Somewhere .. thanks for.your concern .. really .. I hear ya and wish there were .. but I'll find one ..
:wink:
"Is it me, or does everyone want to race ?"

late 68 1600 3 main motor .