Carb fuel return

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

mpowers
Roadster Nut

Carb fuel return

Post by mpowers »

Hi all, it’s been a while since I’ve gotten to work on my car (2 kids does that!) and I started it up and the fuel line leaked at the carb return line (amongst other places). I pulled it off and replaced the hose but I’m wondering how it goes back together now. From the part I took off the hard line just seems to press fit inside the attachment part (see picture) is that supposed to be that way and is the hard line supposed to be flush with the back surface of it? That seems to hit the needle that’s in the body it attaches to. Also does anyone supply a gasket for this? I can’t seem to find anything in an online search. Finally hoping to get this thing back in the road this summer! Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marc
1969 Datsun SRL311-11465...work in progress
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Re: Carb fuel return

Post by Linda »

There is supposed to be a little gasket, so check with vendors, or you can cut your own.
Some cars are missing that piece and they are pricey if you can find one.
Linda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
roadsterred
Roadster Nut

Post by roadsterred »

What a coincidence! I cut out a new gasket for my 1968 U20 fuel return line yesterday. The old gasket shrank from age and a small leak had developed.
mpowers
Roadster Nut

Post by mpowers »

Thanks for the replies! Roadsterred did you notice if that hard line sits flush to the edge like in the picture I attached and if it’s supposed to be only press fitted in?
Marc
1969 Datsun SRL311-11465...work in progress
roadsterred
Roadster Nut

Post by roadsterred »

My flange and fitting looks identical to yours. I advise placing a straight edge across of the surface of the flange to ensure that it it flat. My flange was warped and had to file it flat.