Single-Wire Alternator - Which one to order?

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

shawnj82
Site Supporter

Re: Single-Wire Alternator - Which one to order?

Post by shawnj82 »

ct06033 wrote:I installed this Ultima - Alternator Part # R111621A Line: ULT Refurbished, 63Amp from O'reilly's in the stock location. Have the wire that goes to the amp meter on the positive with a 30amp in line fuse, no extra wire to the battery. Amp meter works just fine and everything can be reverted to stock. I had a bit of trouble getting the belt tight while also clearing the steering knuckle but ive driven a good 2-300 miles on it now and works like a charm not even any issues getting it to start charging.
Thanks for this. I shorted out my charging system last week (think lots of smoke from the hood and dash) and haven't "de-smogged" yet, so I searched around for what people had done in the stock location. I'm not going to lie, it was a pain to get in and out, but after removing the washer fluid box and disconnecting the lower radiator hose I got it in. I bypassed the ammeter, since my short fried that. Maybe I'll do spyder's mod down the road, that looks slick. For now, I'm back on the road and will be driving my 10 mile commute to work tomorrow while the forecast here in Idaho is 67, and not 30 or lower.

Shawn