Converting to moden seat belts...

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

phong13
Roadster Newby

Re: Converting to moden seat belts...

Post by phong13 »

RBMann wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:58 pm Installed Wesco Roadster belts w/retractors and 11" bucket ends, in a '69/1600.

http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.ne ... ml#roadste

Having two drivers with 10" of height difference made the stock belts a real pain. Mounted the retractor on the rear wheel well like Garth's photo above. So nice to just get in, pull and clip.
Did the included hardware bolt fits in the rear wheel well or did you have to get new bolts? If so, what size bolts?
RBMann
Roadsteraholic
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by RBMann »

I bought and used their optional bolt kit. I don't remember if I had to buy anything else.
RBMann

mechanic on '69-1600(not mine)
phong13
Roadster Newby

Post by phong13 »

I installed mine and it looks and works great. I bought the "mounting hardware kit". It is not really necessary, but I didn't want to go through the trouble of returning it and look for bolts myself. I just used the included 7/16 bolts included in the kit.

I just cut a hole in the vinyl. Had I planned better, I would have put in a grommet before installed the vinyl over the wheel well.
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Bigtaku »

Bigtaku wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:29 pm Who's car is this? I would like to buy the same pass thru's. Braum® - Elite Series Harness Grommets are the closet but not sure if they fit...
I need to send my Braum pass throughs back. They are too wide by quite a bit. To bad because the shape was better for the look I was going for...
I was hoping to have two separate pass throughs but I may be looking at just one per seat. Unless anyone has seen other options other then the rectangle ones in the photo I posted earlier? I think they are little to large as well.
Michael Montez
Bigtaku
Roadster Fanatic

Post by Bigtaku »

seatgrom.jpg
Okay just found these. They are a lot smaller. Here is the web page.
https://www.inokinetic.com/lotus/seat-grommets
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Montez