Wet left foot

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Revbang

Wet left foot

Post by Revbang »

Its been raining today and while driving my left foot and pantleg got soaked. My early 67 is a pretty solid rust free car. Is it probably a failure of the gasket that holds the whole windshield to the car? The gasket that holds the glass in the frame "looks" OK. How does the windshield frame come off the car? Besides the obvious bolts on the outside, aren't there a couple of others? Where are they? Thanks, Mark
DatsunBucky
Roadsteraholic

Post by DatsunBucky »

There are two studs on the bottom of the windshield frame that go through the body and are accessed under the dashboard, but way up high. It's a bit of a reach. A 10mm socket (probably deep) some extensions and they should come off. Those, and the two bolt/nut combos on each side and the windshield should come right off.

I would also check the sealant where the clutch master cylinder attaches through the firewall. The other side's inside the engine compartment, but could be a problem. Also, doesn't the wire from the antenna pass through in that area?

Bucky
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Wet Left Foot

Post by S Allen »

Right on Datsunbucky. You are also correct about the antenna cable as it fits through a grommet high up on the left side. Viewing it is difficult from inside and impossible unless you remove the fender on the outside.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth