door panel clips?

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Revbang

door panel clips?

Post by Revbang »

I bought new door panels from a vendor but they come with no clips. I think they do not make the original ones anymore. I spent the afternoon looking around in hardware stores and auto parts stores, but have not found anything I am satisfied with. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mark
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:Door Clips

Post by S Allen »

Dean of Fairlady products carries them. I am pretty sure the door clips for a 240Z will work as well. In that case Victoria Brithish or Motorsports out of Orange, CA may have them. Good luck.

Steve
Revbang

Post by Revbang »

I bought the door panels from Dean at Fairlady Products. He only includes the door panel clips if you buy the whole interior kit. He's the one who told me they are not made anymore. I guess I'll have to try a Nissan dealer in St. Louis. Do you know what the original clips look like? Do they have an "out of round" top that screws into the whole in the door panel or are they something completely different? Thanks, Mark
S Allen
Site Admin

RE:Door Clips

Post by S Allen »

I thought you might say you got the door panels from Dean. Yep, you gotta buy the whole interior kit to get the clips. If I was home I would take a picture of one for you. They are the same ones used on a 240Z. They clip onto the masonite backing and slip into holes strategically placed in the doors. They do not screw in. There is not much to them but it would be hard to make them. I will send you a picture when I get home.

Steve
Last edited by S Allen on Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Revbang

Post by Revbang »

I will look for your email. Take a picture next to a dime or quarter so I have a bit of a reference. Thanks, Steve, it will help to know what I am looking for. I am hopeful a Nissan dealer will have clips for the 240 Z. Thanks, Mark

clips?

Post by Guest »

Have you tried Dennis at Classic Datsun?

John
1967.5 Datsun 1600
Revbang

Clips resolved

Post by Revbang »

If anybody wants to know, I have finally resolved the door panel clips issue. Napa part #665-1103 worked great after a bit of modification. I bought a bag of 22 which was enough for both doors. They were less than a quarter a piece. Modification was twofold:

1) All clips needed to be narrowed on the end that goes into the door, otherwise I'm afraid they'd never come out. I did that by squeezing them as far as possible with plyers.

2) The 4 or 5 clips at the top of the panel had to have the part of the clip that goes in the door shortened otherwise they would hit the window. A strong pair of wire cutters worked great.

Since they don't make these anymore this might be useful information to someone. Thanks for all your help Steve. Mark
S Allen
Site Admin

RE:Clip Resolved

Post by S Allen »

Mark,

Glad to help. I will post that useful information on the web site.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth