Limited Slip Differentials

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

TR

Limited Slip Differentials

Post by TR »

Hello All,

A friend has found (he searched a lot!) an aftermarket shop in Japan that sells a LSD for the roadster. It is supposed to be very high quality. The retail is about $1100 in Japan. Probably another $100 to 150 for shipping and insurance? The name of the shop is Garage Altair.

Quaife said they would consider making a unit if there was a market for 30 units. From what I have heard and found from reputable sources, their products are of great quality and performance.

www.quaifeamerica.com

Are there 30 people interested? I would bet the price will be ~$1000, but I am not sure. Anyone?

Travis
S Allen
Site Admin
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

RE:LSD

Post by S Allen »

Still pretty pricy TR. I remember a thread on the U20 timing chain components on the Roadster List. Some were going to look into having sets manufactured from here in the states all the way to India. Needless to say it never happened and has since died down completely. It will be back again some day. You will be lucky if you get one or two more interested enough to buy a LSD even at a $1000.
I do not blame you for trying though.

Steve
66 Stroker-Going Orange
67 SRL311-00279-resto project
Stock '72 240Z-Blue
2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 2WD Hauler
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
TR

Post by TR »

I agree that the price for the performance gain is steep. It would only be for those that want the extra edge or those that put more power into a roadster and want the traction...

The price is very competitive, these units require a lot of machining and hence the cost...