no electricity at all

Tech tips and how to's

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

fj20spl311
Roadsteraholic

Re: no electricity at all

Post by fj20spl311 »

There is a short pigtail connection in the white wire at the starter that fails. IIRC, its a fusible link or many people add a fusible link there.
I replaced mine with a "Mega Fuse". If you shorted the white wire, you could have blown either the AMP meter or the fusible link at the starter.

FYI, a fusible link is a special wire material...size and length determine the amperage.
Phil
67.5 SRL311-00148 Blue (FJ cruiser VOODOO Blue)
67.5 SPL311 FJ20E teal SDS EFI
69 SRL311 SOLD
19 Raptor SCAB
gabedatsun
Roadster Nut

Post by gabedatsun »

Hello guys a had a little time today to test the following things, so from the starter there is a second set of cables coming from it but they do have electricity. Also only one side out of the whole fuse box had electricity I highlighted with a red mark in the bottom pic also only one cable had electricity the one thag connects to the amp meter gauge volt meter etc. Other than that nothing else :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gabedatsun
Roadster Nut

Post by gabedatsun »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
C.Costine
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by C.Costine »

gabedatsun wrote:Hello guys a had a little time today to test the following things, so from the starter there is a second set of cables coming from it but they do have electricity. Also only one side out of the whole fuse box had electricity I highlighted with a red mark in the bottom pic also only one cable had electricity the one thag connects to the amp meter gauge volt meter etc. Other than that nothing else :(

Gabe, are you using a test light as suggested by Stacy Wilber? It is indispensable in this sort of situation.
located in Chester NH
1967 1600 in restoration
2013 Arctic Cat F-1100 turbo
Ford F-350 6.0
Ford 9000 puller, Ford 960 puller, Ford 901show, Ford 971 worker, Oliver 70 waiting its turn
gabedatsun
Roadster Nut

Post by gabedatsun »

Yes I'm using a test light, there's no power going to the coil either.
C.Costine
Roadster Nut-Site Supporter

Post by C.Costine »

gabedatsun wrote:Yes I'm using a test light, there's no power going to the coil either.
Do you have power to the ignition switch?
located in Chester NH
1967 1600 in restoration
2013 Arctic Cat F-1100 turbo
Ford F-350 6.0
Ford 9000 puller, Ford 960 puller, Ford 901show, Ford 971 worker, Oliver 70 waiting its turn
gabedatsun
Roadster Nut

Post by gabedatsun »

No but I have a friend that's a master mechanic and he is going to help me put all the wires nice and neat, my poor roadster I guess since it came out of the factory so many people have mess with the wires, and btw I told him about the fuse link and he is going to help me do it. Are there any discussions of it?
svwilbur
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by svwilbur »

here are some threads on the fuseable links - this one is for by the starter:

http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... nk#p203547
"There is a fusible link down by the starter that connects the white wire to the battery."
diagram from nissanman in that thread.

Though others say there are no fusible links and that the only one is the ammeter:
" term fusible link as a semi-funny reference to the ammeter, which is the weakest link and tends to blow out if there is a short. "
http://www.311s.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... sible+link
Stacey Wilbur
1970 2000 SRL311-14335 White
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

The only circuit not going through the ammeter is the horn, so if you have power at the horn fuse but no others, then the ammeter or the wire feeding it is disconnected.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit