Take you Roadster to Work Day

General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

66Roadster
Roadster Fanatic

Take you Roadster to Work Day

Post by 66Roadster »

Hey - Did you know it is "take your Roadster to work" day?

Well, I drove mine in so it can see me do my job. I think I will take it to lunch in a while. It does look like it is getting bored.

Roadster to the left - just a small red thing. Vibration test facility to the right. It is being modified from Shuttle Stack to our new vehicle - ARES I. Ok, bad cell phone pict from my office.

Have a great Roadster day!

Phil
SEROC
RC240z
Roadsteraholic

Post by RC240z »

That little roadster scared those big minivans away to the other lot!
67.5 2000, SRL 311 000305 Solex
A race car since new!
Instagram #RC240Z #geoskyalert

check out my blog at www.rcnetworksracing.com
fixitman04
Roadsteraholic

Post by fixitman04 »

looks lonely parked all by itself! id take mine to work today but i have two problems

1 it is in multiple pieces
2 trailers are not allowed in the employee parking
67.5 srl-311-00407 u20
desperately looking for a 67.5 body that is rust free... id settle for any low window tub
excalibur
Roadster Fanatic

Post by excalibur »

Darn. I would love to be able to participate in "Take you roadster to work day" but it snowed a bit yesterday :roll: . This has been one long winter. I was going to try to take it out last weekend, but a record 22" of snow on Friday night/Saturday morning nixed that idea. Maybe in a couple weeks...
Joe

'68 1600
Fairlady66

Post by Fairlady66 »

Wish I had known it was "Take your Roadster to work day". I would have loved to parked it nex to the new BMWs in the parking lot.
todd lorber
Roadsteraholic

Post by todd lorber »

I did not know that today was "take your roadster to work day" but guess what-I actually did. I think this is only the second time ever. And for a change, those parking spaces that are always too small are just fine. Probably won't stop the door dings though.
caraddict
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by caraddict »

What if you already keep your Roadster's at work? Does that mean it becomes take your Roadster home day?

If so, then my landlord will be thrilled so how about we keep this event under the radar okay? 8)

Jon Frampton
Huntington Beach
fj20spl311
Roadsteraholic

I did not know

Post by fj20spl311 »

I wish I would have known.....

I almost took her to work this morning, but she is low on fuel from the weekend drive :D and I was running late.

Plus I have not emptied out my camping equipment.

I bought a half year dash to refinish. Now I have to decide what type of finish I should apply.
Linda
Fraternal Den Mother-RIP
Model: 1500/1600
Year: High Windshield-68-70

Post by Linda »

That's smart. You parked it far away to avoid getting any "dings". Can't be too careful :)

lLnda
Sadly-Linda has passed away 2022. She was the 311's den mother and drove the first Rare-Parts ball joint project. RIP.
SLOroadster
Roadsteraholic

Post by SLOroadster »

Mine went to work today, race #s and all. Really its no big deal as I driven it to work for 3 of the past 4 days.

Will
Sorry, I find modern engine swaps revolting. Keep your G, R, or U series in your Roadster!
Mudtime

Roadster to work

Post by Mudtime »

I drive mine almost everyday, that it is not raining or snowing. It is Snowing today. Darn! It was 70 degrees Wednesday. It makes all the Audi owners that come into the dealership look at it hard. Some even get out of their new Audi and walk up to it. I just sit and watch them. They seem to always have a big smile on their faces. ( Not sure if they had been laughing at it or not) :lol:
Alvin
Roadsteraholic

Post by Alvin »

I stopped driving to work last year after a near miss with a lifted pickup truck on I-280N.
He didn't see me and made a right lane change, he corrected before committing to the switch, but his right front tire grazed my rear bumper!!!
It rubbed off, but the roadster actually pitched tot he left at 70mph...the last "at work" picture I took:
Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA
1967.5 SPL/SR20
1997 Acura Integra GS-R
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
zcarblog.com
Instagram
YouTube
My SR20 Build Thread
jsatterfield

Post by jsatterfield »

Man, I thought it was "Work on Your Roadster" Day!! :lol: I retorqued my head, set the valve lash, and finally hooked the tach cable back up. Hmm...maybe I should have reconnected the speedo cable so I would know how fast I'm going :wink:
dbrick
Roadster Fanatic-Site Supporter

Post by dbrick »

Alvin, let me guess, the person who owns the Terrain Smasher parked next to you is about 5 foot 4 and never goes off the paved road? I like the fact it has an air dam...3 feet off the ground.

I have a company truck, so I never drive to work, but my van has BRE stripes. I have to get the 2000 out of hibernation this weekend. Hopefully no mice.

Dave Brisco

Take my advice, I'm not using it"

66 2000 The Bobster
64 1500 in pieces for sale
1980 Fiat X1/9
2009 Volvo C-70
08 Expedition EL, STUPID huge but comfy
1962 Thompson Sea Lancer, possible money pit
nomadtrash
Roadster Fanatic

Post by nomadtrash »

I took mine to work today on the trailer. I had new Hoosiers delivered to work and then ran the car over to Discount tire to have them put on. It was quite a hit at the tire store but they got over it quickly when it took three guys and the machine to get the tire on the rim.
Andy Cost
Roadster-less

Bolt on modification? I did use some bolts!