General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Doggggboy
Roadster Nut
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Re: Body work and paint compatability

Post by Doggggboy »

Datsun.David wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:51 pm Doggggboy - If you can find a Consolidated Compressor in Saskatchewan you can buy blast media from them in bulk. The local one here in Calgary actually has a U Blast it area set up so you can take things over on a trailer and give them a once over. Patience is critical if you are doing roadster sheet metal. Stand as far away as possible and be patient or you will end up with a bunch of pretzel panels...
Thanks. Pretty sure the closest one is in Calgary :D
I'll maybe call some of the local blasters and see what's up.
Right now I don't think there is much of the car that would really need blasting. I'm hoping that that a good sanding will gently remove the surface rust and not risk making the car look like a piece of impressionist art. Maybe just blast a few of the hard to sand corners. If I can get away with that I'll just gear up and do it in the yard.
Doggggboy
Roadster Nut

Post by Doggggboy »

theunz wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:22 pm You will save a ton of money by buying your blasting supplies elsewhere. Google ”sand blastIng supplies near me“ or look for a foundry supply dealer.
Thanks.
Doggggboy
Roadster Nut

Post by Doggggboy »

redroadster wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:57 pm Don't do it ...Dog man. Not at 57... or if you do splurge on a respirator.system
If I decide to have the whole car done I'll probably farm it out to a pro.