General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Curtis
Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Window Stopper Upper !*#&! Nissan

Post by Curtis »

I was taking inventory of the door hardware for the 67 restoration. I have a bunch of bags from taking the doors apart. Some of the hardware didn't look right. So I popped my 66 driver car door panel off to look at it. Okay all is good I got a correct count of things.

So the passenger door lock has never worked correctly, you can only open the car from the outside. Since the panel is off I decided it was a good time to fix it and put in new runners for the window.

Look inside and there is a stopper for the window when it rolls up on the window channel. There is an angled piece spot welded to the inside of the door. When I first looked at the parts manual I didn't quite see where it was. On a second look there it is but not numbered at all and not in the same place. Look down the list and there it is. The 67 does not have it but has a single nut welded on it in the place where it shows the stop in the manual drawing.

Oh Datsun, you really piss me off some times.

66 window

IMG_2506[1].JPG

IMG_2507[1].JPG

66 and 67 window

IMG_2508[1].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
66 stroker, almost done.
67 basket case, paint coming soon.