General topics.

Moderators: notoptoy, S Allen, Solex68

Curtis
Site Supporter
Model: 1500/1600
Year: Low Windshield-64-67.5

Classic Tube Line Fit Up

Post by Curtis »

So I splurged on Classic Tube Stainless lines. Some of my originals were rusty.

I bought everything, brake, clutch and fuel. Talked with Cliff as recommended to make sure I got the little ferrule included.

Received a big box and opened it and it was stuffed. After a bit of work I got them all out. You get every line, axle, caliper, the works. So I now have extras since I had bought caliper and axle before. AND the ferrule was missing. Called and they sent one right out. Cliff was not pleased they left it out.

So because of the length of the lines they bend them to get them in the box. Turns out this is a bit of a pain as you have to carefully straighten them out. No kinking but it does seem to tweak them a bit and you have to fiddle with them. They are not a slam dunk throw on the car. With all the stupid weird bends the lines have you have to adjust them here and there. I do not want to do this with new paint on the car so I did it now before it goes for body work. Got them all fitting.

The fuel line however is not the same. I had to mess with the back line to get it to fit through the first hole and not rub on the side as the bend was too far forward. The front line is completely different from my stock line. Not sure where they got their model but it goes right under the battery hold down clip and would need to be bent to swing under it. The original drops down to the frame before the battery.

The plus side is I called and Classic Tube has great customer service. They'll give me a return label and I can send my original and they'll copy it no charge. So when the driver car goes down for some winter work the lines will get sent back.
66 stroker, almost done.
67 basket case, paint coming soon.